External HD Issues

Default External HD Issues

Got something that's been grinding my gears lately and I figured it's about time I asked...

I have a 1TB Western Digital external and the thing is great, but I just keep having this repetitive issue and I don't know what to do about it....

Anytime I get new sounds like a new sample pack, or presets, etc I always load them onto my external and delete the file from my laptop. I'll go into Ableton and navigate to my external, and browse for the new folder of samples to use.. But it won't be there. I'll go into the folder outside of Ableton, and the folder will in fact be right where I put it... I'll restart Ableton, and still no luck because everything else will be there but my new folder. It's a back and forth game and I'll give up, only to look like a day or two later and it'll finally appear in Ableton....

I can add it to my side bar because that will allow me to browse the external to choose the specific folder, but I don't want to do it that way.. What could be the cause of something like this? Could it be my laptop itself? I have a 2010 with low RAM but it handles Ableton just fine.

Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

It seems that its an Ableton Bug and affects Windows and Mac users.

https://www.ableton.com/answers/live-9-browser-issues

hmmm... i guess its a bug, a quick hack around that is to keep the folder in explorer/mac open and just drag them into ableton

Quote Originally Posted by calgarc View Post
    hmmm... i guess its a bug, a quick hack around that is to keep the folder in explorer/mac open and just drag them into ableton
    Yeah I know I just hate doing that because I like to click on it and get a preview it's just much more convenient that way