Taking Requests In A Club?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Taking Requests In A Club?

What is your standard operating procedure, Ive had people shout requests at me and that doesnt work so well.
    Last edited by Jester; 04-22-2015 at 09:35 PM.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

Be polite about it, but pretty much ignore them.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

If you're willing to take requests, I've found that a notepad with "Requests" written at the top and pen near the booth is a nice way to go about it.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Empty Jar
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    If you're willing to take requests, I've found that a notepad with "Requests" written at the top and pen near the booth is a nice way to go about it.
    recommended. just point people approaching you to the notepad and you're good. you can have a look when you're not busy and might even find something that you'd like to play. also with this method you'll avoid stupid conversations with drunk people, birthday people, people who need something with a beat, people who want to listen to music they can dance to, people who like to request some metal on a hip hop night, people who just wanna touch some faders, drunk djs watching you etc....
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

a well formed fist , with the middle finger protruding upwards usually does the trick.

also a small sign that says " If you want special requests, please call Power 106 FM, Im actually performing here" or "NO REQUESTS THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING"

or if someone asks for a song i really do not want to or cant play i just ususally say " aww i just played that one" , then when they look like they might say something else, i just start randomly twisting unused knobs with a very focused look on my face, and jumping all over the place like a monkey with a crack habit.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

I don't see why you would want to take requests at a club.. For me a club is booking in which a promoter books you based on your style, and you are expected to cater to them what your style is. Most legit clubs don't even allow access to the DJ booth from the crowd. If you're spinnin' at like a pub or something then it's not the same atmosphere and I can see where it may be acceptable to take a request if it isn't crap.

Tech Mentor

I've always found people request tracks that are a completely different different genre to what i'm playing.

Ok love, i'll just kill the buzz of the entire club just for YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by goodbytes View Post
    I've always found people request tracks that are a completely different different genre to what i'm playing.

Ok love, i'll just kill the buzz of the entire club just for YOU!
    I had a drunk broad come up to me once during a house set when the floor was packed at like peak hour 1am.. She asked me if I had any Garth Brooks or any other country and I was pretty floored when she asked me that.. I was being a nice guy and simply just said no I don't play that type of music and her response to me was "are you even a real DJ?"

Commercial club, yea, I've had it. I normally bluff, say I've played it.
    However. If someone asks for a total genre change, garth brooks, or some shite like that, it's no, haven't got it.. OR.. like a gig the other night, told em, na, that's not going to work. Ya do get the 'yer shite' yea, thanks for paying me..
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast