Traktor BPM issue
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor BPM issue

Hi all

Hope someone can help me on this, I've being using my S4 tonight and encountered a problem.
    Basically while mixing my controller dropped out and then reconnected to traktor, however I had to close and reopen traktor for it to recognise the controller again. Something seems to have gone wrong from doing that, Traktor is displaying the track BPMs correctly at 124bpm.... but is playing around the 136/137 mark! I have tried using the master to fix it but nothing, even tried turning closing it and reopening it a few times. Anyone had experience of this or know how to solve it?

Thanks

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

You should give NI support a ring and let them know of this issue. Out of the interest, what Traktor version and OS you are at?

Tech Convert

2.7.3 and mavericks 10.9.5, yeah going to look up a contact on the NI site.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alxtodd View Post
    Hi all

Hope someone can help me on this, I've being using my S4 tonight and encountered a problem.
    Basically while mixing my controller dropped out and then reconnected to traktor, however I had to close and reopen traktor for it to recognise the controller again. Something seems to have gone wrong from doing that, Traktor is displaying the track BPMs correctly at 124bpm.... but is playing around the 136/137 mark! I have tried using the master to fix it but nothing, even tried turning closing it and reopening it a few times. Anyone had experience of this or know how to solve it?

Thanks
    Traktor and the S4 are capable of hot-plugging. If your controller dropped out you may have an issue with the USB port. If Traktor did not 'hot-plug' (reconnect automatically) then it's most likely the port.

The reason that your tracks are playing fast is that when you restarted Traktor it has reset the sample rate to 48000 Hz. Change it back to 44100 Hz.

This isn't a bug as such - it's just something that can happen quite randomly. It happened to me once, years ago and I have never been able to reproduce it but I know it has happened to others.

Let us know if the sample rate change fixes the issue.
    If it doesn't then maybe you should file it. I haven't been made aware of any issues with 2.7.3 not hot-plugging correctly though.