Stayin' alive
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stayin' alive

Default Stayin' alive

Im being djing in a local bar its kinda lounge/house/eat-drink place
    I play for 4 hours each day before this weekend I just drink and time goes fast as hell
    but I need to stop drinking like right now. Yesterday I ate a cannabis muffin and it was awfull
    I need something to stay alive all night

Anyone have some good tips to be pumped without the drinking

(im a heavy drinker I need to stay drunk thats why I need to stop I have some problems last month)

Schalenberg

Coffee?

the music should be enough to keep you going ... stop drinking get help if needed. I have friends who have not touched alcohol in over 30 years, they hang at the cafe daily and shoot the shit... keeps them sober

4 Hour Energy or Red Bull it's got wings you know.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

Oduls if you feel inclined to drink honestly if you've ever done any sort of illicit substances you likely will find coffee/ caffeine to have little to no affect on you... I drink various different styles and brands of coffee and find the caffeine isn't what kinda wakes ya it's the hot or what not.... I live in a small town and any gigs I goto I am Bassically limited to 2-3 drinks over a 4 hour period as I will be driving home and do not want to risk a dui.

As said earlier change things up maybe... Normally when I go to mix I maybe tired but by 2 mixes in I'm usually as alert and awake as ever my focus and concentration and attention to details push the adrenaline.... But I also really enjoy mixing and the music I mix... When I do mobile gigs I tend to get tired and bored normally a few energy drinks down and coffee.... If it's something local where I know I can leave my pa equipment locked I may drink to where I shouldn't drive and normally catch a ride home or walk

I personally find caffeine has little to no alerting? Affects on me I drank red bull heavily in the late 90s in fact I downed 12 red bulls in a 3 hour period and ever since then it really hasn't had much affect..... Caffeine pills are a bad idea also they really tear up your guts at least that's how I felt it did

Yerba Mate.. Tea-like herbal alternative to coffee, contains caffeine but doesn't have jittery/anxiety type side effects. Simultaneously provides stimulating and calming effects. Potentially could keep you awake and help you cope with not drinking. Not as convenient as coffee and other "energy" drinks but might be an option for you to try.

I too struggle with excessive drinking.. Hope ya get that sorted man! Good luck.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Woah woah woah - you're struggling to stay alert for 4 hours ? Who are you Grandpa Simpson.

C'mon dude there's no need to be taking any kind of stimulant to stay alert for just 4 hours. Organise your day better, get some sleep, relax before your gig. If you can't stay alert for 4 hours you pretty much can't get by in any job.

Don't drink energy drinks EVER - they are the devils work. Trust me I know, I'm Type 2 Diabetic and it was a combination of alcohol and energy drinks that caused my diabetes.

If you have drink problem seek professional help - I've had issues with alcohol and it's gonna kill you if you ignore it (although you have admitted it so that's a step in the right direction). It took a very big scare to get me off the booze - it sounds like you might already have had a 'scare'. Sort it out.

Do you get regular exercise? That will help build up your stamina.

What's your diet like? Do you eat crap food? You need to eat well.

Stop looking for an instant fix and work out why you need to drink so much and why your energy levels are so low. You could already be diabetic, you could already have cirrhosis of the liver which will affect your energy.

Get yourself checked out. Get a full health check and then tackle what issues it brings up.

You are looking at this issue the wrong way around mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Woah woah woah - you're struggling to stay alert for 4 hours ? Who are you Grandpa Simpson.

C'mon dude there's no need to be taking any kind of stimulant to stay alert for just 4 hours. Organise your day better, get some sleep, relax before your gig. If you can't stay alert for 4 hours you pretty much can't get by in any job.

Don't drink energy drinks EVER - they are the devils work. Trust me I know, I'm Type 2 Diabetic and it was a combination of alcohol and energy drinks that caused my diabetes.

If you have drink problem seek professional help - I've had issues with alcohol and it's gonna kill you if you ignore it (although you have admitted it so that's a step in the right direction). It took a very big scare to get me off the booze - it sounds like you might already have had a 'scare'. Sort it out.

Do you get regular exercise? That will help build up your stamina.

What's your diet like? Do you eat crap food? You need to eat well.

Stop looking for an instant fix and work out why you need to drink so much and why your energy levels are so low. You could already be diabetic, you could already have cirrhosis of the liver which will affect your energy.

Get yourself checked out. Get a full health check and then tackle what issues it brings up.

You are looking at this issue the wrong way around mate.
    this ^

another thing i reccomend is to hang around sober people. less chance of substances getting in the way

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast