Territory Restrictions ... I want to buy tracks and they won't take my money ...

Default Territory Restrictions ... I want to buy tracks and they won't take my money ...

I've been after the full length version of "Marlon Roudette - When The Beat Drops Out", remixed by Blondee & Hagen for quite some time. Here is a YouTube link labeled "Hagen Stoklossa Remix" but it's the same track:

So here in Australia I can only purchase the "Radio Edit" of the remix. It's available on iTunes and through Universal Music's website that I purchased it from. I can drop the Radio Edit into my sets quite easily but I want to be able to play the full version.

I have seen the full version on Beatport but as soon as I go to pay for it I get a Territory Restriction popup and then it's out of my cart. And now with Beatport Pro I can't even see the track!

SERIOUSLY, I want to PAY FOR YOUR TRACK, and you won't take my money. What a total load of crap.

Go back 10 years and I would have just purchased the Maxi Single, CD Single or vinyl from anywhere in the world like I used to ... it's 2015 now and it's so easy to rip music from so many dodgy sites, but I actually want to do the right thing and pay for tracks that I use to make money DJ'ing with and I run into stupid narrow sighted roadblocks like this. Any wonder people resort to piracy!

I have tried hitting up the record label via email, as well as Facebook and all of that ... no response.

Is there anyone out there who is able to see and purchase this track?

Anyhow ... in the last couple of weeks I've been after another track, "Matoma - Old Thing Back" ... once again I'd like the full length version labeled the Club Mix:

And as expected here in Australia I can only purchase the shorter edit. Tried all of the official ways to purchase but I'm not in the U.S. and so can't buy from Amazon Download (I can put it in my cart but my address and credit card get rejected), Google Play removes the Club Mix as soon as it see's I'm from Australia, iTunes only offers the short version as well ... and Beatport gives me a dead link ... FML ...

Happy to pay and support the people making the music I play, but why does it have to be so hard.

Anyone got ideas for me? Thanks.
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems

Good luck there's a deetron Remix of of bob sinclar Tennessee I used to have a physical promo cd of think ya can buy the track digitally anywhere nope can't.... At least in North America that is fuck territory restrictions

In fact I'm sure the promo I had even had a dub mix... I found it on Belgium itunes

Never mind appears now on Juno last time I looked wasn't in case your wondering whT it sounds like http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF256917-01-02-01.mp3

Oops no that's vinyl only and no aro k

Universal Music... now there's your problem lol. sometimes the labels tell the distro's to withhold a track from certain countries for various reasons

What possible reason could they have for restricting an extended version of a track?

So it's not heard in clubs in that country? So the track isn't promoted by DJ's that do the right thing and purchase their music?
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...

https://zenmate.com/

*drops mic*
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by frankle View Post
    What possible reason could they have for restricting an extended version of a track?

So it's not heard in clubs in that country? So the track isn't promoted by DJ's that do the right thing and purchase their music?
    no idea... maybe they want to wait it out before us mortals get to play it ourselves?? extra promo?? who knows lol

@Jester ... Legend! Apparently I'm in Germany downloading the track right now

Hmmm ... Got the first one OK but the second is a bit harder ... Google Play wants me to add a Credit Card to prove residence

Edit 2: Quick flight to the U.S. and the track shows up on Beatport Pro ...

I hate having to play these games ... but at least I've got the music I want to play!
    Last edited by frankle; 04-26-2015 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Fucked over again by Territory Restrictions