CNTRL Tour Recap

Default CNTRL Tour Recap

So I was luck enough to make it to the LA stop on the CNTRL tour for both the lectures and the club night. I had a great time meeting people who are also passionate about dance music and I was able to give Richie Hawtin, Chris Liebing, Grimes, Victor Calderone, and Ean Golden USBs with some techno tunes I finished. Did anybody else make it to the CNTRL events? Would love to know how it went in the other cities.

Schalenberg

I think Joe went.

Montreal yes

Quote Originally Posted by calgarc View Post
    Montreal yes
    How was Montreal? LA was pretty packed because all the industry cats came out. I was able to give out my USBs and quickly chat with Richie, Victor, and Grimes, but it was the last stop on the tour I didn't get to go too deep with them. Something I wanted to ask was if it was possible to pioneer a new sound in Techno without the support from the big names.

i didnt go, because they only opened up the lecture to the students of the college here, such BS

Quote Originally Posted by JelaniRobot View Post
    How was Montreal? LA was pretty packed because all the industry cats came out. I was able to give out my USBs and quickly chat with Richie, Victor, and Grimes, but it was the last stop on the tour I didn't get to go too deep with them. Something I wanted to ask was if it was possible to pioneer a new sound in Techno without the support from the big names.
    not alot of industry folk guess... but the panel was nice. got to try out all the new toys the big boys are selling...

Yeah, I had fun actually trying out the SubPac for the first time. It's great for going through but it's not a studio tool that's for sure. I do want one still just for beatport haha

Quote Originally Posted by JelaniRobot View Post
    Yeah, I had fun actually trying out the SubPac for the first time. It's great for going through but it's not a studio tool that's for sure. I do want one still just for beatport haha
    I tested my tracks on a subpac... I found that my tracks had the beautiful low ends i needed. and they were produced without a subpac. not worh the 350, but i do have a $50 discount for life