Share your secrets to having a great gig - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Setup before you get drunk.
    I have friends who show up drunk lol. they also brag about how renowned they are, shortly after loosing any future gigs at said venue

Tech Wizard

For me, it's always been not having a planned set. The only times I've tried to plan a set or even roughly plan, have been my worst sets. My best have been totally by feel. Tapping into that flow of the night, or day, seems to be the key. That and having tracks you truly love.
    Running: MB Pro quad 2.8, 4gigs ram, Traktor Pro with latest update, S4, F1(may return in favor of coming m3dpro!

Quote Originally Posted by djadrenal View Post
    For me, it's always been not having a planned set. The only times I've tried to plan a set or even roughly plan, have been my worst sets. My best have been totally by feel. Tapping into that flow of the night, or day, seems to be the key. That and having tracks you truly love.
    Amen dude.

Quote Originally Posted by djadrenal View Post
    pick the first 2 tracks ahead of time, wing the rest

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by calgarc View Post
    pick the first 2 tracks ahead of time, wing the rest
    Good point, I will, sometimes have a banging track, or two that go together, in mind that will end up working to start the night. Many times it has been derailed by what the previous Dj is playing though, so more often than not, it is like I mentioned before, off the cuff.
    Running: MB Pro quad 2.8, 4gigs ram, Traktor Pro with latest update, S4, F1(may return in favor of coming m3dpro!

Lol, sometimes we do house gigs with a french mate, and while he is super smooth and has great tracks, he is one of these "write down the exact playlist for the whole night" ... so obviously when we throw his sheet of paper away, he can become one angry frenchman
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12