Beatport File Format Costs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Beatport File Format Costs

Hi Guys,

I tried to purchase an album from Beatport yesterday. I have never actually ever downloaded a full from them before, just the odd track here and there that i like.

I usually use AIFF files, because i like to add the album artwork to the ID tags, and i like using high quality files where i can. I also find it easier to spot certain tracks now that I use a computer in my setup.

Anyway, I saw the album i wanted, added it to my cart and went to the check out to pay for it.

Now, don't get me wrong, i don't mind paying a few £'s extra for the higher quality file format, but when i changed the format to AIFF, this happened.

Thats a bit steep!

Is this normal? It must be some kind of error surely?

Anybody experienced this?

Thanks,

Matt.
    2 x CDJ2000 Nexus, 2x Technics 1210 M5G, 2 x Technics 1210 Mk2, Allen & Heath DB4, 15" Macbook Pro Retina, Traktor A10....And A Shitload Of Records!

The mp3 price is a kind of 'sale' price - the album costs a lot less than the sum of the tracks. If you add them individually, your album costs £30.29. If you add the AIFFs individually, the album costs £60.59.

So there is discount coming off when you purchase the whole album. As such, I don't think you're gonna get it any cheaper than that from Beatport. IMHO this is a rip-off.

Lol at $36 you could have bought the vinyl and payed the shipping - total rip off.

Tech Wizard

But this is beatports doing isn't it? Not the artists?
    2 x CDJ2000 Nexus, 2x Technics 1210 M5G, 2 x Technics 1210 Mk2, Allen & Heath DB4, 15" Macbook Pro Retina, Traktor A10....And A Shitload Of Records!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattalik View Post
    But this is beatports doing isn't it? Not the artists?
    haha... since when do artists have control of sales... the artist is lucky to get a few pennies out of that ... yes its beatport ripping people off as usual

you are better off buying the cd and ripping your own AIFF out of this

Ok for me that would be paying $100 for a CD.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Oh god, don't get me started on this subject! What beatport does is ridiculous and it is why I buy everywhere but beatport, if I can right now. If another site has the track, I'm buying it there until Beatport changes this ridiculous policy. It is actually causing DJ's to buy shitty audio. The more people buy other places, the more it will help break the monopoly on the labels and then the prices will come down.

BTW, Trackitdown Pro is awesome. you pay a monthly fee, but get WAV's for about $1.25USD. It works out awesome if I even have one gig a month!
    Running: MB Pro quad 2.8, 4gigs ram, Traktor Pro with latest update, S4, F1(may return in favor of coming m3dpro!

WOW I had no idea Beatport priced their lossless this high.... I've only ever bought mp3 tracks.

I'm stunned lol

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the info guys, I looked up the album on Juno Download, unfortunately it's listed on there differently. It is split into 3 parts, but even if I were to buy the separate parts (wav format, as they don't do AIFF) it would work out much much cheaper.

Strange....

Maybe Dr. Dre has purchased Beatport.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast