Getting round out-of-phase beatgrids in Traktor - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Right, so you haven't tried turning snap and quantize off to see if it makes any difference?

As you may know, it has already been suggested earlier in this thread. I tried it and it didn't make Traktor play when I asked it to. It changed the behaviour of laying Cue points and stuff, but not the Play button.

I'm genuinely interested to see if it actually works for others - perhaps I have some other setting engaged that stops it from working. I know what the manual says, thanks. You've done the condescending thing... maybe we could move on to something else?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lanz the joiner View Post
    Right, so you haven't tried turning snap and quantize off to see if it makes any difference?

As you may know, it has already been suggested earlier in this thread. I tried it and it didn't make Traktor play when I asked it to. It changed the behaviour of laying Cue points and stuff, but not the Play button.

I'm genuinely interested to see if it actually works for others - perhaps I have some other setting engaged that stops it from working. I know what the manual says, thanks. You've done the condescending thing... maybe we could move on to something else?
    Youve been given several suggestions and fixes, and no evidence youve tried any of them apart from turning snap off.

Your grids are wrong. If you cant be bothered fixing them then why should I give a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by calgarc View Post
    I make sure all my tracks are properly grided and saved within 24 hours of buying the tracks
    Yes! I learned that lesson the hard way after accruing 30+ tracks in my Prep folder *facepalm*
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Yes! I learned that lesson the hard way after accruing 30+ tracks in my Prep folder *facepalm*
    My workflow only takes about 30 seconds per track.

Tap tempo to fix grid and correct bpm.

Scrub track for highest gain, adjust autogain so the song peaks at 0db on my external mixer.

Lock track, save settings.

I dont even care if the markers on the first beat as Im unlikely to use it as a cue, and i can just nudge it in anyway.

I meant to say 300+

And ya for most tracks 10-20 secs and we're done.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    I meant to say 300+

And ya for most tracks 10-20 secs and we're done.
    i made a drunk mistake and wiped a bunch of files from traktor. Had to restore about 350 from backup, and redo the grids and cues from scratch. Wont be doing that again.

I feel ya.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Youve been given several suggestions and fixes, and no evidence youve tried any of them apart from turning snap off.

Your grids are wrong. If you cant be bothered fixing them then why should I give a shit.
    Ah, flat out rudeness! Thanks!

I would be a bit bothered by this unpleasant demeanour had I not already found a solution that I like. Good luck, buddy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123