static coming from soundcard phone ouput (Audio 2 DJ)

Default static coming from soundcard phone ouput (Audio 2 DJ)

So I went and got an Audio 2 DJ yesterday...And let me first say that I'm really happy with the sound, and how small it is.

However, when I was using it last night, I noticed that there's static that comes through the headphones. I had Traktor running, and I was playing a song, but I went onto the desktop to open a browser to look for something online, and I noticed when I did anything on the desktop, even just opening a browser, I could hear some static. When I was looking through webpages I also noticed that scrolling with the mouse also caused a static sound.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the sound card, as I didn't have this problem with my old sound card. Just wondering if it's related to the set up of Traktor, or the sampling rate etc. before I attempt to exchange it at the store.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Have you tried upping your latency?

Using the internet in general, let alone leaving your wifi or internet connection on can cause serious latency issues depending on the machine and the components.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Sounds like a problem with your gfx card drivers to me - what video card do you have?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Sounds like a problem with your gfx card drivers to me - what video card do you have?
    How do I find that out?

I'm pretty sure it's just a basic card, as i've never upgraded it, and this laptop didn't come with an upgraded one.

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    No, I'll try that out.

Using the internet in general, let alone leaving your wifi or internet connection on can cause serious latency issues depending on the machine and the components.
    I guess it's not a big deal because I can't think of a time when i'd use the internet while I'm playing, but with it being a new card and all, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't defective.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Try upgrading the graphics card drivers just from the device manager.

But yeah, these problems come up when too much is running.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post

This is very true. My audio 8 would get audio glitches on my old laptop. It happened every time the computer seemed to struggle with processing. Since up grading to a macbook last year I have not had a single problem with audio and my latency in general is much improved. (im not advocating apple by any means)

Im not going to make any assumptions about the capability of your machine but try some of these tips and see if that helps (if you have not already),

http://www.djtechtools.com/2009/07/1...e_windows_djs/

or

http://www.djtechtools.com/2009/08/0...c_dj_optimize/

Taking a punt on you being on windows/nvidia - try installing later drivers from laptopvideo2go.com - could help your problem.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Also you can try to reinstall adobe flash player it likes to mess up when you change sound cards (at least for me)