Updating genres in Traktor Pro doesn't show in iTunes
    Tech Wizard

Default Updating genres in Traktor Pro doesn't show in iTunes

Hello,

According to Google, I'm not the only one with this problem. But I can't find the right solution.

If I'm updating a genre on the fly in my Traktor Pro the changes doesn't appear in iTunes. The other way around works, but sometimes when I gig, I find that I've tagged a genre wrong on a track and want to change it.

I've tested the Refresh iTunes AppleScript, but it doesn't work. One suggested that I removed my whole library and then imported it again, but that's insane. Can't do that every time I update something. I did try it though, just for the hell of it, but it didn't work.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

You can do it one track at a time, just by right clicking on the track in iTunes and clicking "Get Info". Or just by playing the track in iTunes.

For some ridiculous reason, iTunes doesn't check for changed tags when you open it.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

I do end up re-importing all of my tracks into iTunes quite regularly, just because I piss about with the tags in MP3Tag quite a lot!!!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

Tech Wizard

The "one track at a time get info" method doesn't work. Many suggest the same trick, but it doesn't work for me.

Is there a really really good MP3 tag app that might solve the problem? I looked at Meta Bliss, but there's no demo version, so I don't know if it works.

Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Your problem, mate, is that any tags edited OUTSIDE of iTunes, won't be updated in iTunes until you play the track IN iTunes (or try "Get Info").

But, for actual TAGGING, MP3Tag is the best there is. It's worth putting your collection through it once just to formalise/standardise everything, then, delete EVERY TRACK YOU HAVE TAGGED from your iTunes Library, and re-import them all, including the new tags...