Would you guys do this gig?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Would you guys do this gig?

So I was emailed an offer to DJ a nude pool party for tips. They said their regular DJ can't do it and that he usually makes about $150 in tips. Food and drinks provided. What do you think, would you do it?
    Last edited by dj matt blaze; 05-09-2015 at 02:31 PM.

Is it legit??
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Tech Mentor

Seems like it's legit

Id do it.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

Depends if you like sausage or not.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Depends on where... Given you are noting you are from the Jersey Shore... There are towns where you may get some unwelcome surprises
    $150 is a little light for me... Especially if it's not even guaranteed.
    You need to be nude too? That would run the price up

$150 in 1's stuffed down your jocks lol.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRome View Post
    Depends on where... Given you are noting you are from the Jersey Shore... There are towns where you may get some unwelcome surprises
    $150 is a little light for me... Especially if it's not even guaranteed.
    You need to be nude too? That would run the price up
    I don't think the DJ has to be nude Lol. I told them I'm a real DJ that get $500 for 4 hours and $100 an hour there after. Hoping to get $150 in tips is an insult. They wrote me back with this:

Real DJ's make millions per year...

My reply was:

Not exactly...I have been a pro DJ for over 20 years. I have done over 800 parties. I qualify for a real working professional DJ, not the producer who is a pseudo DJ who stands there with his arms in the air pretending to turn knobs and is playing their own track or the celebrity turned DJ who gets paid for their name more than their DJ skill...so the “real” DJs you speak of are the furthest thing from real.* Yes, its insulting. You are having food at the party, did you pay for it? You are having booze at the party, did you pay for it? Tell the guy at the liquor store that you want him to donate the keg but you will tip him for helping you out, see how that works. In the words of Mike Damone, I provide a service and that service costs money. Why should any* DJ who has to drive to your location, lug their equipment that they spent thousand on, set it up, break it down, music they have to continually buy, play for 4 hours plus and pray that they might make $150 in tips?? If you have guy that will do that, lucky you. I respectfully decline.

Their answer:

the liquor store guy doesn't have 50 chicks nude running around....

The usual dipshits that put little to no value on DJing

Classic

Tech Mentor

Oh... 20 chicks naked is referring to baby chickens, not woman.

Great response though. Obviously some college bros looking to get some music for their party for free.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast