Wierdest thing a venue owner offered for your services??
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Wierdest thing a venue owner offered for your services??

lol a fun little thread.

What is the wierdest/dumbest/coolest etc... thing some one has ever offered you for your services??

Just a few months ago I had a club owner give me tickets to an event and said "sell these, if you bring enough people into the club we may give you a spot to DJ maybe a bar-tending lesson"

"Exposure". As in, "I can't pay you money but it will be great exposure!" Ugh.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

yah i once had someone offer me a gig opening for a fairly big name act ( the gza), they wanted me to do it for free, for the exposure....i told them" sorry"

they called me back ten minutes later and offered me 100.00.. i said sure thing.... and then i did it for the exposure.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

hah, one time i was hosting an event with friends, and a group walked in to the show and said "wait you mean we have to pay to get in"

The bar I had a residency (contractual) at was hurting for money for a while and offered me a steak sandwich every thursday for 3 months if I'd play one night without pay. I got $120.00 per night plus $15.00 an hour.

Obviously I took it. They were bitchin' sandwiches and I negotiated for potato salad with each one. Worth it.
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorStrangeman View Post
    The bar I had a residency (contractual) at was hurting for money for a while and offered me a steak sandwich every thursday for 3 months if I'd play one night without pay. I got $120.00 per night plus $15.00 an hour.

Obviously I took it. They were bitchin' sandwiches and I negotiated for potato salad with each one. Worth it.
    hah... i used to have a free residency at my friends venue when he first opened his doors, free wine and cake one of those fancy gluten free/organic places too. lol solid guy got some paid gigs out of him too...

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    http://www.refinery29.com/daily-worth/105#slide
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Carr View Post
    I used to DJ in store for Harvey Nichols whenever they had a fashion show or a big shopping event. Despite being a huge store selling hundreds of luxury brands, it was always a hassle to try and get the agreed fee out of them.

They once offered me a 80% discount on a £1200 leather jacket and said I could sell it on eBay to get more than my fee...
    Sweet. So they gave you a chance to DJ for them AND you had to spend with them £+200
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    lol my favorite one

Tech Wizard

Had an outdoor event at a winery where they tried to pay me in wine afterwards instead of the agreed amount. I told them "No thanks I like to get paid in dollars"

The manager didn't cut me a check immediately, but mailed it to me a month later. Maybe I should have taken the wine.

Fairly big winery too - multimillion dollar operation.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast