Portable Dj set up
    Tech Convert

Default Portable Dj set up

I'm looking to start throwing parties at certain spots here in fl. I'd like to have an easy, but efficient setup I can move quickly and easily. My gear consists of an s4, kaoss pad, and other tie bits. I would need a power supply, and powered speakers. I'm thinking about the jbl eons for speakers, and I'm still researching for a power supply. I found a great article about diy set ups. Here is the link to it, but it seems like a lot of unnecessary work.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Batt...nt-amplifiers/

I would love any and all suggestions, about how to go about doing this! I feel a bit overwhelmed on my own, so the help would be appreciated!

Thanks again. And let me know if you need any information from me that I haven't given

check out the peavey and fender portable speakers/amps they look like eggs. and can be carried easily. I would also look at the roland cube street amps, I almost swear by rolands. that amp is famous for use with buskers.

as for power supply, check out solar powered batteries http://www.ztostore.com/products/120...iency_452.html I used to use one with my laptop, which gave me an extra 4 hours of juice. It also powered my old controller some years ago. the roland amps are battery powered and I have had 6 hours of use from a full charge

http://www.streetmusician.co.uk/inverters/
    This article should help if you are wanting to supply your own power.

If batteries and charging etc is too big of a pain, look into generators (Hondas are fairly quiet) The above page should help you figure out the wattage you would need.

Tech Wizard

+1 for the small fender speakers. I got a chance to use a pair at a gig a few years ago. They are super portable and work great for small events. If you want more oomph, get a pair of 12 inch speakers.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by calgarc View Post
    check out the peavey and fender portable speakers/amps they look like eggs. and can be carried easily. I would also look at the roland cube street amps, I almost swear by rolands. that amp is famous for use with buskers.

as for power supply, check out solar powered batteries http://www.ztostore.com/products/120...iency_452.html I used to use one with my laptop, which gave me an extra 4 hours of juice. It also powered my old controller some years ago. the roland amps are battery powered and I have had 6 hours of use from a full charge

The power supply won't work. I need something I can plug in te speakers, my laptop charger, and other gear like lights, other TTs etc. I'm not sure about the amps. I'm looking for speakers and not amps.

I'll check out the article. Did anyone read the one I posted?

Tech Convert

Is rated have speakers. From my experience the amps don't work as well. I could have been the amp I was using though. I'd like a powered speaker I could use.

The pattern supply won't work because I need regular plugins for laptop charger, TTs, lights, etc. I'm looking at the article from above about street performance gear. It seems interesting enough. I was told I'd need something that will flip dc to ac.

Tech Convert

bump