Standard DJ contract
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Standard DJ contract

As this gig nears I get a feeling that I should have a contract. Is there a fill in the blanks kind of form for a non profit organization. I'm talking start and end time, breaks, songs to be played etc thanks,
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

Example I play a festival I get a rider/contract... I play a club gig with dj crew in part of I don't bother.... I booked to mobile dj a wedding I do a contract... I play a mobile gig for a friends organization I don't get a contract... It really depends where your at and what your doing.... If you play monthly residency I would at the very least get some sort of agreement

Tech Mentor

The only thing you would need a contract is for start and end and how much you are getting paid for that time. Breaks? You are a DJ, there are no breaks. Songs to be played? Why on earth would you want a contract that binds you to play certain songs? You would never ever have that in a contract. The contract is there for a safe guard that lays out the time and payment for that time so there are no problems later on.

Here is the contract that I use.....

DJ MATT BLAZE - CONTRACT FOR DJ SERVICES

PLEASE SIGN AND RETURN TO
    DJ Matt Blaze, address, Email: matt@djmattblaze.com

CUSTOMER INFORMATION:

Name:
    Email:
    Phone:
    Address:

EVENT INFORMATION:

Event:
    Date:
    Times:
    Deposit:
    Package:
    Package Length:
    Overtime Rate:
    Event Venue:
    Venue Address:

This is a contract for DJ services made between (Client) and DJ Matt Blaze for the (event) to take place on (the Date). All deposit money is due within 15 days of (date of the contract). Remaining balance is due 15 days before the event. If the deposit is not received within 15 days, DJ Matt Blaze reserves the right to cancel the contract and make that date available. Deposit money is considered non-refundable. Refunds of any kind will be considered on a case by case basis and is solely at the discretion of DJ Matt Blaze. If for any reason, DJ Matt Blaze is unable to DJ the event, a full refund will be given. All outside events require a tent or other type of covering to protect the equipment and DJ Matt Blaze in case of severe weather conditions.

Agreed by Client: ________________________________________ Date: __________________
    Last edited by dj matt blaze; 05-21-2015 at 01:08 PM.

blaze thanks for the contract template.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

Tech Guru

Always get a contract, I was booked to do a gig this bank holiday Sunday, turned down numerous other gigs, get a call from the venue manager last night saying he doesn't need my services now.

No contract, nothing I can do, now I've lost out. Lesson learned: Always get a contract, even a basic one.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Quote Originally Posted by bc6 View Post
    blaze thanks for the contract template.
    That contract is kinda weak IMO. Doesn't cover acts of god nor who's responsible for damages should a drunk asshole pour beer on your decks because you wouldn't take his request to play Turn Down for What in the middle of a moombahton set.
    Official DJ since 2009 (DJ in spirit since 1988) | I mix open format on NS7 II w/Serato DJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Always get a contract, I was booked to do a gig this bank holiday Sunday, turned down numerous other gigs, get a call from the venue manager last night saying he doesn't need my services now.

No contract, nothing I can do, now I've lost out. Lesson learned: Always get a contract, even a basic one.

Dammn dude sorry to hear that.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Psythik View Post
    That contract is kinda weak IMO. Doesn't cover acts of god nor who's responsible for damages should a drunk asshole pour beer on your decks because you wouldn't take his request to play Turn Down for What in the middle of a moombahton set.

LOL acts of God?

Quote Originally Posted by dj matt blaze View Post
    LOL acts of God?
    It's a legal term:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Act_of_God
    Official DJ since 2009 (DJ in spirit since 1988) | I mix open format on NS7 II w/Serato DJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast