how do you get songs gridded that change tempo slightly?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default how do you get songs gridded that change tempo slightly?

@DJ TechTools The question I had, or what I was looking for is how do you get songs gridded that change tempo slightly? Like I have plenty of songs where they'll be in sync, on beat, tempo whatever for awhile but then within several bars the beat grid is now off the beat. And I can essentially only adjust the beat grid to be on time to a certain section of the song, you know what I mean? I figured Traktor might be advanced enough to place beat markers on every detected beat instead of putting them at consistent intervals throughout a song at a median place...

Tech Convert

If I'm understanding you correctly... (You're post was written just fine, I'm just sleepy!)

Check this link out it looks like it might help you w/ a solution.
    http://thedjpodcast.com/episodes/tra...h-fader-range/

Also, I highly recommend getting the "Mixed In Key 7" software, once all of you're tracks are analyzed it's a god send to help you pick JUST the right track or JUST the right cue point to start the tracks seamlessly. It also separates you're songs into sections of "Intensity".

I hope one or both of those solutions help! Good luck and happy mixing!

Quote Originally Posted by yrsakash View Post
    @DJ TechTools The question I had, or what I was looking for is how do you get songs gridded that change tempo slightly? Like I have plenty of songs where they'll be in sync, on beat, tempo whatever for awhile but then within several bars the beat grid is now off the beat. And I can essentially only adjust the beat grid to be on time to a certain section of the song, you know what I mean? I figured Traktor might be advanced enough to place beat markers on every detected beat instead of putting them at consistent intervals throughout a song at a median place...
    Sorry yrsakash, not possible since Traktor doesn't have flexible beatgrids (it is one of the most requested things from users ).
    But please, make sure the tracks have the correct BPM value, that could also be the problem. Traktor isn't 100% correct when determining BPM so it is better to use a external BPM tool on those problem tracks
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

I use my ears.
    Live rig: Denon Prime (5000M's)
    Retired: Denon x1700, Denon SC3900's, Traktor, Technics SL1200's, my vinyl
    Wish list: Some Roland Aira stuff.

make sure you have the correct bpm values for your track... once i get everything synced and meatmatched, i then use my ears to nudge it back into place. you should be able to nudge it with the tempo buttons on the S4. Its part of what makes DJing fun

If your playing older songs from a live band and no quantizing going on you can do 2 things.

Warp the song in ableton to one constant bpm

or get Serato and use the flexible beatgrids.

Drop another grid marker further on in the track. Make sure you use "Auto" in the master clock.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    If your playing older songs from a live band and no quantizing going on you can do 2 things.

Warp the song in ableton to one constant bpm

or get Serato and use the flexible beatgrids.
    Or you could learn basic DJ skills, and actually use your ears.

Far out.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Or you could learn basic DJ skills, and actually use your ears.

Far out.
    +1 to this. I don't even bother beatgridding at all.
    Official DJ since 2009 (DJ in spirit since 1988) | I mix open format on NS7 II w/Serato DJ

Quote Originally Posted by Psythik View Post
    +1 to this. I don't even bother beatgridding at all.
    its usefull if you wanna juggle through cue points...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast