Using analog gear with my setup - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post

Neither of those things are 'analog'.

Youll need a mixer if you want to avoid the latency caused by the computer converting digital to analog to send to the kaoss pad, then analog to digital back into the S4, and then finally digital to audio once more out your speakers.
    Fixed

The Audio signal on the outputs / Inputs on the effects unit is analog .. however some hardware is Digital

You just need a dj mixer that has a send/receive loop, with a dry/wet send control for each channel.
    Yep, Ideally what you want is a 4channel mixer and 8 channel SoundCard (as you will be outputting the channels individually from Traktor) or a Mixer with a built in 8 channel Sound card (assuming you use 4 decks)

Either way you'll need one with Send Returns

You could probably manage to get a "big" soundcard and re-route the audio externally and loop back into individual Traktor channels and use an unused deck as a S/R channel, but latency might be too high for it to make sense.

Anyhoo's looks like you're looking for some more gear hehe.
    Last edited by deevey; 05-27-2015 at 09:18 PM.

Tech Convert

I do plan on using 4 decks. Man this is getting deeper then I excepted. I appreciate the help guys. So I would have to get another sound card, besides the one in my s4? Maybe trktor audio8?

If you don't have a mixer already, maybe something like the DJM750, Denon x1600 or Korg Zero 8 ..

Theres a Denon on Ebay right now for under $600

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Fixed

The Audio signal on the outputs / Inputs on the effects unit is analog .. however some hardware is Digital
    Thats not how you refer to digital hardware, and you know it.

A Moog Little Phatty is not classed as a digital synth just because you can plug a USB cable into it.

Theres a misconception among some folks these days to call all hardware 'analog' and its led to some professional confusion at times.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Thats not how you refer to digital hardware, and you know it.

A Moog Little Phatty is not classed as a digital synth just because you can plug a USB cable into it.

Theres a misconception among some folks these days to call all hardware 'analog' and its led to some professional confusion at times.
    Agree to Disagree IMHO Signal is a different beast than Synthesis. At least when it comes to the DJ box where the main concern is simply "will it hook up".

At this point, i think you probably should sell your s4 and choose an external mixer setup like a 4 channel Xone mixer, a pair of NI X1s and an audio 8/10 NI
    DiJ/Producer
    2 Xone K2 - Maschine - Traktor Pro 2.6.8 - Ableton Live 9 Push - Xone DB2 - MBP13 Late 2011 i7 - Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 "
    Ableton Live 9 Certificate User
    http://www.facebook.com/Effenem

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Agree to Disagree IMHO Signal is a different beast than Synthesis. At least when it comes to the DJ box where the main concern is simply "will it hook up".
    Not really. In the music producing/performance world, analog and digital have very particular meanings. Those pieces are digital hardware, theres simply no debate. It just leads to confusion otherwise.

DJs are often very loose with technical terms anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12