Recording a Mix ..Zoom H1 or Tascam DR05??

Default Recording a Mix ..Zoom H1 or Tascam DR05??

Ok so i wanna ditch the laptop for recording mixes and been looking for something easy and portable for recording, ive narrowed it down to the zoom H1 or Tascam DR05 and was hoping any of you people had experience of either or recommend something similar for under £100?? done a bit research and things dont seem as easy as they should be.

Im using a Xone 42 so ill be coming out of the record out on the mixer.

many thanks.

There doesn't seem to be much of a difference, especially if you're going to be plugging it into you mixer. Personally I would go with the Tascam based of the fact that it's cheaper. I've been looking to replace my recording laptop as well so I just might have to pick one up myself.
    Current Set Up: Denon DN X1600, 2x Kontrol X1 MK1, Traktor Kontrol F1, Macbook Pro, Traktor Pro 2 LIVE & LET RAVE
    SoundCloud YouTube

Tech Wizard

I bought the Tascam DR05 to record mixes using my DJM-900SRT. The levels coming out of the record out were too hot for the Tascam to handle even after adjusting the Tascam's gain. I ended up having to use the monitor output so I could adjust the gain coming out of the mixer to prevent clipping on the Tascam.

I have never had a problem recording mixes with a tascam... the tascams are great, but zoom has a reputation for quality recorders. lol I would probably buy whats on special

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by calgarc View Post
    I have never had a problem recording mixes with a tascam... the tascams are great, but zoom has a reputation for quality recorders. lol I would probably buy whats on special
    Are you just using an RCA -> 1/8" cable coming out of your mixer's record out?

Quote Originally Posted by RajMahal View Post
    Are you just using an RCA -> 1/8" cable coming out of your mixer's record out?
    I used to plug direct into the pa mixer itself. they had rca rec outs. in my studio i just use my focusrite for both the the playback and recording device