DJ Pools - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DJ Pools

Hey guys,

I ended up going with DJCity. Looked like a pretty good deal and they had the selection of tracks that I like. I'll give an update in a while with my opinion.

Thanks everyone for the help

How does it work from the other perspective? If your tracks end up on one of these then doesn't it completely disincentivise people to buy them through Beatport / Traxsource etc?

Do labels get paid per download out of users' monthly fees?
    SC - WS

Tech Mentor

I have used DJ City for a few years, they get exclusive content and get a lot of stuff fast. I also belong to Videotoolz2.0 which is great for tracks as well as videos. I have noticed thought that when they do get the same tracks as DJ City, DJ City gets it first by as much as a week before. I have found some mainstream stuff that DJ City doesn't have that is more rock or pop oriented on Videotoolz, but if I recommend just 1 though, definitely DJ City.

Quote Originally Posted by ZxZDeViLZxZ View Post
    They are cheaper but so are the buyers..... There are a reason why there's so many djs now...... It's cheap... A cheap hobby that you can enjoy in your house and not have to do anything...

Fishing is cheap I like fishing
    Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    can we have some clarification of this statement please?
    Quote Originally Posted by ZxZDeViLZxZ View Post
    Playlist when you buy lots of tracks blindly a playlist also if you just add lots of release
    I totally understand this sentiment now after a few months of taking this stuff seriously! However, I don't see the morass of DJs as a threat, rather an opportunity to be more original and skillful.

As it happens, I'm getting rid of my Traktor shortly, and investing in a pair of Technics. I'm doing this because DJing is less important to me than production, so if I'm going to have it as a hobby, I'd rather be pure than some button pusher.

That said, we still have some CDJs in the flat, so I'll also use them.

I would rather be pure then some button pusher.....

My brother. Im sure you have a good heart and your ideals are sound. So I hope you understand that other people that have taken this love of the beats, love it for the same reasons you do. Don't get caught up in what you use. Technics, CDJ, Midi, its all the same. Its not about beat matching, its not about sync, its not about Traktor, serato, CD's or vinyl.Its about the music and thats it.

If you can express what you feel on the inside through a Mod of a guitar hero Xbox controller or a $4000 pioneer setup then by all means, do your thing.

If you want to download 500 gb of music all at once and then get lost in your external because you just downloaded another 500 gb of music or go and sit for hours at a record shop diggin. Its all the same.

Ultimately, all the years and months of preparing, practicing and, dreaming, the day will come when your all sweaty and your heart is raising, the crowd of 500 hundred is connected to your soul through the speakers and you drop that next track.

BAM! Bliss....

How to be a dj 101: ($) Its not about the track you played. Its not about the track your playing. The only thing that matters, is the track thats next.

1. Get something that can play the tracks you want to play.

2. Get to know it.
    A) know every inch of it. Sleep with it, Eat with it, Shag with it. What ever you got to do so you can trust it.

3. Music: Find the sound.
    A) Caution: The more music you possess, requires discipline in organization. Don't matter what kind of organization, just be sure you know where its at when you need it.

4. Keep the passion.

5. Understand, the energy of a crowd can be very over whelming. When you drop that track and they feel it just as much as you do. Its the feeling of being connected to the source. Every one chose that track, that sound, that feeling.
    (Aint going to lie lol Ive threw up a couple of times)

However, when you cut that connection.
    That track you dropped is shit.

Its not going to matter what skill level you have or what gear your on. There aint no energy on an empty dance floor.

*DONT GET CAUGHT UP. JUST PLAY*

peace

Latenightrecords.com

http://static-city.com (a paid record pool thats legit. Navigation is similar to a Blog. Has posts ranging from 10 tracks to 10gb of tracks. You can download one at a time or all at once.
    Last edited by tomii; 06-09-2015 at 01:46 AM.
    "Music is the purest form of art... therefore true poets, they who are seers, seek to express the universe in terms of music... " "Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art." Quotes of wisdom...

I get what you're saying man but the reason I wanted to join one was so I could replace my dodgy tracks with legit versions that are high quality. I'm not downloading 500GB worth of music, my library is small at the moment. Probably around 300-500 tracks and I know them all (of course, markers in Traktor help too). I'll play in clubs and I'll bring my own setup. I'll see what they have and if I want to use it. I'll play on anything from CDJ-2000NXS's to my custom mapped launchpad and use sync.

So, I think I'm doing what you're saying. I may not have the most experience but I'm putting my all into it every time I perform.

You do realize although this is cheating but sign up for iTunes Match and let iTunes Match your library.... Ones it matches delete from your computer then redownload from the cloud

It may not match all but make sure you have the titles and names right for ones I doesn't match just check if it's even on iTunes if it is name the track exactly how it's named in iTunes..... I successfully did this for almost all my old vinyl rips I made from 1998-2004 roughly 1100 records while it did not find them all t found enough to make me feel better about not doing them originally in 320 so now I have 256 AAC versions which is far better then the 192 vinyl rips i did

Iomio music is pretty cheap at 16 cents a song. 8 cents if you spend $90.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by That8BitMan View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm looking at joining a pool because tracks are expensive. I play a lot of commercial tracks - mainly Melbourne Bounce and Big Room House as well as MB and BRH remixes of Pop- and I've been looking at a number of different pools:

All of these seem to offer the music I need although I've really only been able to look at DMS to see what content they have and they look like they have a lot of what I like to play.

If anyone has had experience with the different pools then any input is welcome.

Thanks,
    ~8Bit
    Personally I would go with Pool. Ive been using it for the past 4 years and love it. I pay 40 a month witch seems expensive but it ends up being real cheap when looking at all the music you can get daily. They have really good content for what your looking for you just have to do some searching to find it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast