Xone: 4D and 1D/2D Traktor users, sign in!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Xone: 4D and 1D/2D Traktor users, sign in!

Any of you use 1Ds in combination with the 4D? I have been experimenting with this setup and I was wondering if anyone else has done it and how they utilized the tons of mapping opportunities. It basically offers 4 individual 1D type control surfaces so I have one dedicated to each deck with a different FX unit on each one, other than that they are nearly identical. there is one shift command instead of cramming in like 4 modifiers to control everything. It is working pretty well so far, I just want to see if anyone else has this setup and any ideas/suggestions.

Other than that the 4D is a beast of a mixer, as a pure mixer I think it is a nice upgrade form the 92.

Tech Mentor

My 3d should be getting here sooooon. I can't wait.

I only have two decks, though (Traktor DUO) holding off on upgrading untill I can get a new laptop with a bigger screen so I can actually /see/ all four decks at a time. Netbooks are awesome, and mine runs Traktor suprisingly well, but goddamn does the tiny screen make things a bit cluttered.
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

My 4D has been on it's way to me for over a month but they have promised me it shall be with me on the 17th!!!!! when it does i shall no doubt be asking questions along with pulling out my very short hair lol

on the plus side i got the missus to buy me the NI X1 for xmas

Quote Originally Posted by Segfault View Post
    My 3d should be getting here sooooon. I can't wait.

I only have two decks, though (Traktor DUO) holding off on upgrading untill I can get a new laptop with a bigger screen so I can actually /see/ all four decks at a time. Netbooks are awesome, and mine runs Traktor suprisingly well, but goddamn does the tiny screen make things a bit cluttered.
    Yikes, ditch the 3D if you can, it has all sorts of problems. You can only run 3 decks in traktor pro with its soundcard (the 4th channel on the mixer is for an external line/phono source). The 4D is what the 3D should have been and they fixed everything and improved it significantly.

Tech Mentor

Yeah, but I can't afford a 4d, haha. I picked up the 3d for just over 1k, which is kind of hard to beat.

I normally only use 2 decks anyway, and I figure I can just pick up on of NI's soundcards if I decide to switch to 4 decks.

What kind of other problems does the 3d have that you know about?

Yeah, but I can't afford a 4d, haha. I picked up the 3d for just over 1k, which is kind of hard to beat.

I normally only use 2 decks anyway, and I figure I can just pick up on of NI's soundcards if I decide to switch to 4 decks.

What kind of other problems does the 3d have that you know about?
    The soundcard is pretty bad, USB 1.0, 3 channels, known issues with it... If you need to use an Audio 8 it kind of defeats one of the main purposes for having a 3D/4D.

Oh and my setup (minus the EFX-1000, lose the APC40, stands and M5Gs to come next week to clean things up)...

Tech Mentor

So I can't help but notice you appear to have an Audio8 there.

So I can't help but notice you appear to have an Audio8 there.
    I was using it for Ableton with the APC 40, it is gone now seeing as I was only using one extra channel and I have ditched Ableton for DJing and save it for production.

Tech Mentor

Yeah, I guessed at that.

On a different note, what kind of laptop is that? It looks like a lenovo think pad, but what model?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast