how do i go about getting my first nightclub gig
    Tech Student

Default how do i go about getting my first nightclub gig

I've been DJing house party's for about 4 years and i want to get into the nightclub scene, i just don't know how since i don't know any club owners or promoters, can anyone give me some pointers?

Melbourne, Australia

Making the move from house parties to clubs is all about money, unfortunately. Especially because you don't know anyone that can give you a chance to play, based just on your relationship, you'll have to be able to show them that you can fill a room with people that are there to see you and willing to pay for cover charges and full priced drinks.

Go out to said clubs and introduce yourself. Night after the party post on Facebook "Thanks to xxx and xxx club for the awesome party last night, great atmosphere and great music"

Go again next week, repeat process. At some point there he'll learn you DJ. Discussion of you DJing will then take place as long as you don't make it seem that you're only there for a gig. Show face, support, and be blessed with some gigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    Go out to said clubs and introduce yourself. Night after the party post on Facebook "Thanks to xxx and xxx club for the awesome party last night, great atmosphere and great music"

Go again next week, repeat process. At some point there he'll learn you DJ. Discussion of you DJing will then take place as long as you don't make it seem that you're only there for a gig. Show face, support, and be blessed with some gigs.

this ^^

I have recently moved to a new city so I am in the same process what seems to be working for me is twitter. I use it to kiss a little promoter ass as well as be informed about their upcoming events. I also post on Kijiji/craigslist and try and connect with people there. lol you can never have to many business cards