Switching from Logic to Bitwig or Ableton?

Default Switching from Logic to Bitwig or Ableton?

I've been seriously considering switching over from Logic X to Live 9.2 or maybe even Bitwig. Right now I'm running Traktor and have Komplete 9/Maschine, but I was wanting to see what others thought about it. I have been very interested in the clip launching features and the idea of being able to have both originals/remixes and dj sets in the same program without having to switch. But on the other hand I am finally getting a hang of both traktor and Logic especially for unique concepts and originals. Any guidance?

Thanks

I switched from Logic to Live... there's pros and cons to both tbh. defo things live is better at and the same for ableton...

I'd get the hang of Logic first as fully as possible... it won't hurt when making the switch anyway
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Mentor

I haven't used logic in a couple of versions; IMO, Logic sounds better but takes longer to do things. 5 steps in logic for every 1 step in Ableton. Although using better plugins could help most of the sound quality issues. I used to use Live for making the tracks and Logic for mixing and mastering. I tried Bitwig and wasn't super impressed. It still seems really immature in its development. Really good if you use Linux
    Traktor Z2, Numark TTX1,Ableton Live 9/Push,Roland TR8,Eurorack modular
    Techno/Experimental

I feel like there are more editing and tool options in logic. There's a whole left click and right click list of tools. Get the hang of that and u can work at super speed.
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Cool! Thanks for the input. Yeah I think that's been part of the problem for me. Every time I try to make something in the lite version of Ableton I always ended up just switching over to logic. It was like Live was my scratch paper and logic was an actual canvas but seeing so many producers constantly using Live always makes me wonder if there's just something I never really figured out. Thats good to know about bitwig! The hype sort of seemed to die down pretty quickly after the launch but I thought it seemed like the best of both worlds (guess not quite so much). Thanks guys!

Tech Mentor

the session view is really awesome, its totally changed how i work and the ideas i come up with.

but the sound that it outputs are pretty meh, i think the trick is to export the stems into protools to get it that final polish
    Technics 1210 / Pioneer plx 1000 / Xone 42 / Adam a3x / UA apollo twin / Maschine mikro / Ableton live 9 / Maschine 2 / MBP Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015

Tech Mentor

Download the demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dottie Minerva View Post
    ...seeing so many producers constantly using Live always makes me wonder if there's just something I never really figured out.
    You see loads using Logic too. i'm using Live now because i'm collaborating with my production partner over seas... he used Live, I used Logic but i just said ok i'll try and learn ableton. Now ultimately i haven't scratched the surface, but just as a DAW in arrangement mode, it pretty similar to Logic, once you work out short cuts etc...

DAW is a DAW at the end of the day, there is nothing miraculous about them, the magic has to come from the sounds, knowledge and work you put into them

Big tunes have been made on Ableton, Logic and Fruity Loops etc...

Now the big game changer for me in terms of production was the maschine... now that thing speeds up workflow... and the noises in it are ridiculous good. Maschine + and any DAW ftw
    Last edited by MaxOne; 06-11-2015 at 07:41 AM.

Logic is a very popular DAW for electronic producers
    A lot of big time producers use logic as their main DAW and they also use ableton as a secondary DAW
    Maybe you should consider using both?
    I use ableton an FL studio and I really enjoy the experience
    Logic sounds good and ableton is good for sketching out ideas
    So maybe you can start in ableton and transfer your sounds to Logic?

Ableton is also good to create live and studio DJ mixes
    If your a DJ then Ableton is a must have

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    You see loads using Logic too. i'm using Live now because i'm collaborating with my production partner over seas... he used Live, I used Logic but i just said ok i'll try and learn ableton. Now ultimately i haven't scratched the surface, but just as a DAW in arrangement mode, it pretty similar to Logic, once you work out short cuts etc...

DAW is a DAW at the end of the day, there is nothing miraculous about them, the magic has to come from the sounds, knowledge and work you put into them

Big tunes have been made on Ableton, Logic and Fruity Loops etc...

Now the big game changer for me in terms of production was the maschine... now that thing speeds up workflow... and the noises in it are ridiculous good. Maschine + and any DAW ftw
    maschine is amazing too and sounds amazing too! Lol