Hi< ive recently been re organising my Itunes tracks preparing everyting for mapping in TP. I have also strated using MIK and PN and so far I am impressed with both. Prior to Using these last 2 programs I had renamed all my genres as I saw fit, however after using MIK or PN, Im not sure which one, I found that when I imported the new track to itunes they had lost the assigned Genres. This isnt such a bad thing as I still had original tracks in Itunes so I can easily enough relable genres before Deleting the originals. Its just that it will prove time consuming and I if here was a way it could have been avoided then I can implement it with future use.

I was happy that I didnt lose my comments because I had spent nearly a week whenever I could writing various comments as I litened to each track ala Ean's demonstration

Whats confusing is that Both the genre and the Comments I changed in the "get Info" section, why I lost one and not the other is a mystery.

Anyway, My recent adventures into MIK and PN has led me to thier forums, which might I add I have found vey informative. Posted below Is a thread I was reading, I didnt really get the advantage of following this tip, maybe someone can can shed some light, does anyone here use this method.

I copied the text below, However the full link is:

http://community.mixedinkey.com/Topic.aspx?ID=5553

Tip #3: ID3 Tags

Many problems with ID3 tags can be solved by stripping and converting the tags to version 2.3. The sooner you do this to your tracks, the less problems you will have. Here's how:

1. Select all of your tracks in iTunes, right click on your selection, then choose convert ID3 tags.

2. To strip the old tags, choose None for the version. Be careful with this step as it may alter some fields, specifically the genre field. Also those who browse by album art should be warned that this step may remove album artwork. Like any operation that edits your files, test it on a few files first. If it alters your files in a negative way you should skip this step and just convert straight to version 2.3 tags.

3. Now repeat the process, this time choosing version 2.3.