Glitchy Traktor, need new Macbook and help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Glitchy Traktor, need new Macbook and help

Hi all,
    I've just switched around on my DJ setup, and now use Traktor Pro 2.x.x with four decks (two normal, two remix decks). Hardware wise I use
    • NI Kontrol Z1 (remapped for four decks) for mixer and interface
    • NI Kontrol X1 mkII for the deck controls of deck of A/B (normal decks)
    • NI Kontrol F1 for remix deck C
    • Midi Fighter Twister for sequencing remix deck D
    • External keyboard and mouse

The setup is perfect for my use, and gives me alot of flexibilty to DJ, remix and produce "on the fly" which I love.

But as it turns out, my old unibody Macbook from 2010 does not have enough ompf to run this setup glitch free. It's especially the sequencing of the Twister that takes alot of resources (when I turn it off i have some overhead again).

My old Macbook has a Intel Core 2 Duo (I think 2.4 GHz) CPU, 4 GB of RAM and a SSD.

Now I'm looking into buying a used/newer Macbook Pro, but unsure what specs I actually need to make my setup run smoothly (preferrably with some overhead for future addons to my rig).

Anyone have any ideas what model of Macbook Pro I should aim for? I'm really unsure of the CPU specs and computing power og macbooks. Maybe I will help just to add more RAM?

I hope anyone can help...

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hi,

Traktor Pro 2 requeres at least i5 with 4GB of ram memory to run smoothly. Keep that in mind when you go hinting for a new machine.
    But before you go and buy a new computer, may I suggest you to try to refresh your TraktorSettings.tsi file which can get corrupted over time.

User/Documents/Traktor/TraktorSettings.tsi

Just delete this file (backup it for any case) and restart Traktor. Once you open it again you will be asked to run a setup vizard which will create new (fresh) settings just as you have reinstalled Traktor.

Luck!

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I'd go with a refurb i5 MBP, all the warranty but alot of dollars off the price, and Applecare if you so desire.

I'd go with any of the below Macbooks, all should be perfect for your needs..

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FG...retina-display

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FG...Retina-Display

Or if you can afford it

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FG...Retina-Display

Tech Mentor

I currently run Macbook Pro Mid 2009 13 inch 2.53 Ghz core duo running on Yosemite and have no issues at all. That i5 requirement is just a requirement but not need for smooth use. I used to run a kontrol f1 and X1 Mk2 with no issues at all and now i run even more power with my Kontrol D2's.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 3.01 /MacOS High Sierra/Macbook Pro 13inch Early 2015
    MF Twister /Kontrol F1/Kontrol X1 Mk2 x 2/XDJ 1000 MK2 x2/Maschine Mk2/RMX 1000
    DJM 900 Nxs2 /HDJ X10s

Tech Mentor

I currently run Macbook Pro Mid 2009 13 inch 2.53 Ghz core duo running on Yosemite and have no issues at all. That i5 requirement is just a requirement but not need for smooth use. I used to run a kontrol f1 and X1 Mk2 with no issues at all and now i run even more power with my Kontrol D2's. My suggestion before u drop a grand on a used macbook upgrade your ram to 8gb
    DJM 900 Nxs2 /HDJ X10s

Hi all,
    thanks for all your answers. I think IŽll try to find a used Macbook with an i5 then, i/ sounds a bot overkill and hot.

My current laptop run Traktor all fine, except when I start with the sequencing of the Remix deck. Maybe this is only a RAM problem, but I was mistaken, my current macbook was a late 2009 model, and unfortunately it doesnŽt support more RAM (4GB was max).

Thanks again all, awesome forum.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by KEMAofficial View Post
    Hi all,
    thanks for all your answers. I think IŽll try to find a used Macbook with an i5 then, i/ sounds a bot overkill and hot.

My current laptop run Traktor all fine, except when I start with the sequencing of the Remix deck. Maybe this is only a RAM problem, but I was mistaken, my current macbook was a late 2009 model, and unfortunately it doesnŽt support more RAM (4GB was max).

Thanks again all, awesome forum.
    Your Macbook pro does support 2 4gb Sticks of ram just like mine does hope it all works out for u cheers

http://www.overclock.net/t/927552/8g...k-13-late-2009 read this forum
    DJM 900 Nxs2 /HDJ X10s

Quote Originally Posted by djmichaelk View Post
    Your Macbook pro does support 2 4gb Sticks of ram just like mine does hope it all works out for u cheers

http://www.overclock.net/t/927552/8g...k-13-late-2009 read this forum
    Oh! I didn't know that, thanks. I think I've come to buy a brand new Macbook Pro 13" Retina anyway. They are "on sale" (sort of) in some of the bigger stores in Norway now, and my wife will have the old Macbook for internet and office use, maybe I'll up it with some more RAM then

Thanks again all for your tips and insight.
    -------------------------
    - KEMA -
    Macbook w/ Traktor
    NI Kontrol Z1, F1 and X1 mkII
    Midi Fighter Twister
    Lots of other fun stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Hi,

Traktor Pro 2 requeres at least i5 with 4GB of ram memory to run smoothly. Keep that in mind when you go hinting for a new machine.
    But before you go and buy a new computer, may I suggest you to try to refresh your TraktorSettings.tsi file which can get corrupted over time.

User/Documents/Traktor/TraktorSettings.tsi

Just delete this file (backup it for any case) and restart Traktor. Once you open it again you will be asked to run a setup vizard which will create new (fresh) settings just as you have reinstalled Traktor.

Luck!
    My Sony Vaio i3 ran it perfect. Of course I upgraded the hard drive to a Kingston SSD and added a another 4g ram chip.
    One feeds the pocket, the other feeds the soul "DJ Mpire"

A good PC with the right parts works just as well as a Mac. The good thing about PC is that you can upgrade nearly all the parts.
    One feeds the pocket, the other feeds the soul "DJ Mpire"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast