Hi my name is Josh & Im addicted to midi
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Hi my name is Josh & Im addicted to midi

Yup!

So your a midifighter ?

Hi, my name is Alex and I really REALLY don't want to think about MIDI more than I have to.

Yup!

Want to come over and reprogram my 4D and dual 1Ds for Traktor while I sit on the couch watching a movie and tell you what I want it to do and then you make it happen exactly how I want?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I can't wait til I can program my controllers just by telling them what I want to do.

"Drop bass now"
    "Add filter sweep now"
    "Do awesome mix now"
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Hi my name is Kieron or Ciar and midi melts the nodules in my brainz then again a few more months it probably wont!

Quote Originally Posted by Ciar2001 View Post
    Hi my name is Kieron or Ciar and midi melts the nodules in my brainz then again a few more months it probably wont!
    What is so hard about it? At the basic and most common level you pick a function from a list, hit learn, and press a button on the controller....

mate you don't know me, it's not the hard aspect i taught myself to build a pc from scratch everything i know about pc's i taught myself and i don't do it i am in finance, as for midi i left the dj scene in the mid 90's before midi before digital before cdj's, so it's called a learning curve..ii don't even know how to use a cdj, do yourself a favour come learn my job try and broke your way out of a paper bag and i will say what's so hard? don't you understand futures or crossing what's up you not understand yield to maturity?

guess what you have to learn in my job as well.

as for the hard part, i tried hit learn the other day on my VCI and it did nada just made it worse, because i don't yet understand midi, once i have been shown which is how i learn, even though i have a copy of traktor bible i am more of a hands on person learn as i am shown rather than swat in a book.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciar2001 View Post
    mate you don't know me, it's not the hard aspect i taught myself to build a pc from scratch everything i know about pc's i taught myself and i don't do it i am in finance, as for midi i left the dj scene in the mid 90's before midi before digital before cdj's, so it's called a learning curve..ii don't even know how to use a cdj, do yourself a favour come learn my job try and broke your way out of a paper bag and i will say what's so hard? don't you understand futures or crossing what's up you not understand yield to maturity?

guess what you have to learn in my job as well.

as for the hard part, i tried hit learn the other day on my VCI and it did nada just made it worse, because i don't yet understand midi, once i have been shown which is how i learn, even though i have a copy of traktor bible i am more of a hands on person learn as i am shown rather than swat in a book.
    I'm not trying to be offensive I was just asking what you were having trouble with. This has nothing to do with finance or building PCs or when you came into the DJ scece, most digital DJs are relatively new, it is all irrelevant. The Traktor bible lays out everything pretty well, search youtube for tutorials if you are more visual.

Has your 4D arrived yet? I'm sure we can make that beast cry and succumb to us together

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast