Cue point labeling in Traktor

Default Cue point labeling in Traktor

Hi guys, beginner question here. I've historically used Serato and found that being able to label cue points (and see them before triggering them) was a really helpful feature. For example, in hip hop / pop songs that follow typical structures, it's nice to label intro/verse/chorus/outro with number of bars to easily see if the song structure matches for the incoming and outgoing songs. As far as I can tell, Traktor doesn't really let you do this. You can label the markers as cue points and in/out, and can label them, but it seems like you can't see the labels beforehand.

Do people have a workaround for this? Is it just me or doesn't this make it more difficult if you have an outgoing song with an 8 bar chorus that you want to mix, but you can't tell immediately from the cue point labels if the incoming song has a 4 bar or 8 bar intro?

Any suggestions on what people do? Or just stick with Serato...?
    Last edited by TheProfessor; 06-23-2015 at 12:48 AM.

Yeah you can do that with Traktor plus more IMO. I find that people using Traktor will mix a more creative set then with Serato. I have a DDJSX so I have both but I prefer the more tech looking style of Traktor. But it really comes down to personal preference.
    One feeds the pocket, the other feeds the soul "DJ Mpire"

You can do this kind of thing using normal Cue Markers/Hot Cues, and the "Beats-to-Cue" display in Traktor.

It's pretty bloody good, actually!

http://djtechtools.com/2013/03/22/be...ntdown-to-cue/
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Traktor cue section is displaying the label only for the last triggered cue. So yeah, one slot at a time.
    I think that OP want to be able to see label for all eight hotcues in one place.

Yeah thanks for the reply guys, but Stewe is right, was looking to see if all labels can be viewed up front.

Just makes it easy to know right away what needs to be done in order to get the song structure to match (especially for genres like hip hop where you might want to mix over 4, 8 or 16 bars depending on the structure and where you are in the song).

Too bad, was playing around with Traktor for the first time this weekend and really liked it, except not having this pretty simple feature is a deterrent for me.

Anyone else feel the same and thought of a work-around? I guess one thing that could work is just add cue points in increments of 8 bars or something like that, so at least you can distinguish between a chorus that is 8 or 16...

honestly you kinda get used to being able to tell the areas apart based on song length and visual gap between markers, but yes its a huge disadvantage , and probably the only one other than side by side waveforms. now that they r releasing controllers with RGB cue pads, maybe they will allow color coding of cue markers soon, which would be big, but im not holding my breath for it.

the beats to cue feature , once mastered, and used with beat jumps, can achieve anything imho.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

I'm not sure if this is what the OP was asking, but you CAN see the text labels of the cue points without jumping to those points. In the area where the cue point text label is located, there's a little arrow - if you click on that, then a pop-up will open displaying all 8 cue points and their text labels.