2-Channel mixer to go with isolator
    Tech Convert

Default 2-Channel mixer to go with isolator

Hi everyone,

Since about a year or so I've switched from a full digital set-up to pure vinyl (and some timecode stuff every now and again). My Xone:K2 has been collecting dust and also my Xone: DB2 is kinda overkill. So I've been thinking of replacing these. A couple of options that interested me are:

E&S DJR400
    Omnitronic TRM-202 MK2

The E&S is waaaaay expensive, even if I sell the old mixer and midi-controller. The Omnitronic still hasn't been released and the brand is not famous for their high quality gear. So I've been doing some more research and a isolator + mixer combination seems very interesting to me.

This isolator:
    http://bozure.com/T1.aspx?PID=131

It seems great value for money and the shipping time isn't all too long. But I would have no idea what mixer to get with it. A rotary mixer would be great, but a bit over budget (750$) and it's mostly for home use anyways. So I was thinking: 2 channel mixer. Preferably with 4 connections so I can hook up CDJ's if need be. I've been looking at the new Xone:23. Simply because I'm very content with A&H and has the connectivity im looking for (4 channels, FX loop for the ISO). But I'm wondering if anyone has a better suggestion (rotary preffered). Also.. would it be recommended going for an analog mixer as opposed to a digital one? With the ISO being analog and all..

Fire away!

Thanks in advance,

Stan
    Last edited by Stan; 07-01-2015 at 03:40 AM.

Is it a portability issue that makes you want just 2 decks? I duno why'd you want to swap a DB2 for a 23.
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

Tech Convert

Well. The DB2 is overkill at home. I never use 4 decks anymore and I have an Audio 10 now. Also I barely ever touch the effect units.

Problem is, the only budget I have is obtained by selling the DB2. If money wasn't a problem I'd just buy the Bozure and try it with the DB2. But since I don't need the DB2, want to get to know Isolators better, I figured I should just get a 2 channel mixer for home use.

As for portability, I guess it's kinda easy to just take your desktop isolator and soundcard with you and play outside of the bedroom. Even though I would prefer a rotary, it might not make alot of sense to get one. I've been looking at the Rane2016, but it has 6 channels and no EQ, which kinda makes it less suitable for me too.

I thought the DB2 had it's own isolators? Each to their own mate, you never know though when you want to swing back to digital and get mixing on 4 decks with some other bits and pieces thrown in.
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.