How do you find track for gigs?
    Tech Wizard

Default How do you find track for gigs?

*Tracks
    Do you play the whole songs or jump through them?

Dependent on where you're listening to them mate. I usually play the whole thing on youtube before buying it.
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

My process goes: Skip to the drop, if that is interesting listen to the middle bridge and if that is still holding my attention listen to the whole beat, then it goes it my cart if it's still good or downloaded if it's free. Once I've got about $200 in my cart I start whittling it down to the $100 market. I'll listen to my whole cart without interrupting it and deleting songs I'm not so hot on anymore. Then once it's down to about $100 I'll wait for a coupon code to come out and then I'll buy. Once all the tunes are ID3 tagged to my liking I beat grid them in Traktor. Once they're there I'll DJ a practice set with them and tunes I know I love and I STILL might delete some once I've bought them.

If you're more on about actually locating tracks, it takes time. The biggest one is FIND LABELS YOU LOVE. Artists can release super slowly but (for example) Dirtybird releases stuff all the time, so find a few labels you love. I closely follow about 5 and that supplies me with a lifetime of tunes.
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

Listen to mixes on soundcloud or mixcloud - find tracks you love. Some schmuck has already asked for the ID and some brilliant person has already responded, so now you have the track ID and artist. Now look at more tunes by that artist and find out what label they're on for this release and others. (use Beatport, Traxsource, discogs, etc.) Then do what ProfessorStrangeman said and find labels that consistently put out tunes you love.

Baddabing and stuff...
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal