Beatport Pro - does it work smoothly for anyone?

Default Beatport Pro - does it work smoothly for anyone?

For months I've been using the Beatport Classic site, because the Pro one is painfully slow. It takes about 30 seconds or more to respond when I initially load it, and tracks take significantly longer to load and play than on the Classic site.

However, it has various features that I really want to use, such as more genres, and multiple carts - an option no other site offers as far as I'm aware. So I check up on it every now and again, but it remains an incredibly clunky and frustrating experience for me. Meanwhile, the Classic site works invariably smoothly. I have tried Chrome and Opera, and I'm using Windows 7.

So does anyone know what the deal is with Beatport Pro? Is it working more responsively for some people (except Mac users who can download the app)? If it really is this slow for everyone, does anyone know why (I heard of some engineers being laid off or something)? What on earth is going on?

Note: if you don't like Beatport's layout, functionality, or pricing, this thread isn't the place to air your grievances. It's not that I'm not interested in discussing those things, it's just that I don't want the thread to get locked/deleted.

Well, it's painfully slow for me too. It takes about 20-30 seconds for a page to load.

I use Chrome.

I preferred the old one too, hopefully it's just teething problems. I also use Chrome.
    SC - WS

My best luck has been with Firefox ie is terribly slow chrome is equally as shady but far more successful and Firefox is marginally better then chrome

it's slow to load pages, but it's been fine for me.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

its about as smooth as the roads in most third world countries

Idk I don't use that crap

classic.beatport.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    Idk I don't use that crap

classic.beatport.com
    exactly

Tried to get on it to search a few track last night, first time in ages. managed to get logged in but gave up in the end.