BPM Fluctuation traktor 2 duo

Default BPM Fluctuation traktor 2 duo

Hi

I have been running T2Duo on an old Dell lappy through my 1210s with no issues whatsoever. However a side issue of nasty noise interference from the power supply of the laptop forced a rethink.
    This week I installed the software to a newer HP i5 6gb machine and attempted to run Traktor. The BPM is completely unstable and flying up and down by about +/- 1bpm. Timecode calibration is ok, indicators as normal. Unlikely to be the decks seeing as they are completely stable on the older Dell.
    Can anyone help? I know these questions have been asked before but after reading through older forums they don't exactly fit this issue.

Thanks

Tech Mentor

I'm sure this can be figured out.

I have some questions.

1. I know you said it calibrated correctly but if something is giving you extra wow & flutter then it wouldn't necessarily show on the calibration. Traktor doesn't always know whether you're intentionally speeding it up or slowing it down +/- 1 bpm.
      Did you do all the the standard stuff? (check needle, tone arm setup skip, turntable is flat/level, control vinyl isn't warped)
    2. Is this a completely new library/collection or did you transfer it over? Is your collection's files still properly analyzed and beat-gridded?
    Traktor Z2, Numark TTX1,Ableton Live 9/Push,Roland TR8,Eurorack modular
    Techno/Experimental

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.

As far as I am aware the turntable setup is not to blame, 1210s are good as new and Traktor runs perfectly using an older PC with exactly the same setup. I have tried different leads using the new laptop and different USB sockets too. Needles are a couple of years old (they don't get used an awful lot) and have loads of life left in them.

I don't tend to use beatgridding too much, if I do use sync then it'll be tempo sync only and I rely on the auto-gridding. The library I'm using is new, from the built-in hard drive on the laptop, (on the old setup I had the library on an external hard-drive). However the problem still occurs even when using the pre-loaded loops that come with the program.

Both of the above leads me to thinking it has got to be settings or drivers on the new lappy that is causing the problem.

Tech Mentor

Auto-gridding isn't always too accurate
    However,IMO, I don't think that's to blame. Usually gridding causes jumping glitchyness or is way off. If it's a subtle change then most likely that wouldn't be the case.
    Is it happening with both decks?

It could be freezing up with latency issues. Is the CPU usage meter bugging out?

Have you tried reinstalling drivers?

When you push and pull the control vinyl forward and back, is it lagging?
    Traktor Z2, Numark TTX1,Ableton Live 9/Push,Roland TR8,Eurorack modular
    Techno/Experimental

Tech Mentor

My guess would be that on your old laptop you had the deck header showing Stable BPM, and on the new install, you don't.