Ableton live without touching the mouse.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ableton live without touching the mouse.

Hi everyone!
    Is it possible to control everything in ableton live via midi. I searched alot and I want to try to make a advanced dj and live performance tamplate for live but I searched everywhere but the subject seem to be really rare.

(sorry if the synthax and all is hard i'm still learning english and I have some difficulty formulating question haha)
    thx alot
    Last edited by de_stilj; 11-14-2009 at 01:21 PM.
    macbook/2 Stanton STR.150 /Axiom 25/AKAI MPD 25/Vestax vci-100/Serato sl3/Ableton live 8 suite/ krk monitor/Ecler Nuo 2.0/Akai mpd24/midiFighter /Audio 4/2 Pioneer cdj 800mk2/

Tech Mentor

Yes. I have a basically non-mouse template for DDM4000. Only thing I can't do at the moment is drag clips from browser to mix.

Bome's Midi Translator should give you everything you need, or you could fork out some money for Max4Live
    @Twumpy

ok cool I will buy max4live
    macbook/2 Stanton STR.150 /Axiom 25/AKAI MPD 25/Vestax vci-100/Serato sl3/Ableton live 8 suite/ krk monitor/Ecler Nuo 2.0/Akai mpd24/midiFighter /Audio 4/2 Pioneer cdj 800mk2/

The APC 40 pretty much covers every function you need to play live with ableton. You could always get a second controller or mod the mapping on the APC a bit to do everything you need.

Tech Mentor

I would wait with buying extra things. See what you are missing after you have mapped your controller and then see how you can fix that, changing the controller, buying another controller or improving the controller functions with programs.
    @Twumpy

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post
    I would wait with buying extra things. See what you are missing after you have mapped your controller and then see how you can fix that, changing the controller, buying another controller or improving the controller functions with programs.
    i agree, sometimes its easy to fall into the mindset that you need just one more thing and then you're setup will rock....

also check out the ableton forums and the ableton live dj forums, seach both for mouseless and you'll find a wealth of info.
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Dylan uses a complete no mouse setup with ableton. Its in a Mac environment and uses a few extra programs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH1Ko630Ytc
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

I've got templates for the UC-33e that are TOTALLY mouseless. contact me for details!
    Last edited by tekki; 11-18-2009 at 02:29 PM. Reason: No advertising, talk to the team or try it on the buy / sell forum.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

selling templates totally sucks, especially in an open community such as this one

thank god ean didnt go down that route

Quote Originally Posted by ian3dge View Post
    selling templates totally sucks, especially in an open community such as this one

thank god ean didnt go down that route
    Agreed!

Plus that should be posted in the Buy/Sell Section
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast