The Turntablist Thread... - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

What happened to decent 2-channel mixers that didn't cost an arm and leg? Vestax is dead, Rane gear is crazy expensive, DJ Tech stuff isn't that great (personal experience) and Mixars is ??? Most other manufacturers make 20 channel, club-focused monstrosities that look like they should be used more for launching satellites into orbit than mixing with vinyl. Is it me, or has variety of scratch mixers dwindled recently?

I think the Pioneer S9 pretty much has the scratch DJ's locked in.

It's the only 2 channel mixer I'd consider using right now. Or (maybe) a Z2 if money was an option.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I think the Pioneer S9 pretty much has the scratch DJ's locked in.

It's the only 2 channel mixer I'd consider using right now. Or (maybe) a Z2 if money was an option.
    The S9 is about $1800.00 and then...
    https://www.facebook.com/skratchbast...type=3&theater

for that much cash fader stems should be the last of your worries.

Quote Originally Posted by juan2 View Post
    The S9 is about $1800.00 and then...
    https://www.facebook.com/skratchbast...type=3&theater

for that much cash fader stems should be the last of your worries.
    I will never understand how they put such a shite fader stem on such an expensive mixer.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    I will never understand how they put such a shite fader stem on such an expensive mixer.
    This, and thank you! The S9 is supposed to be Pioneer's big boy battle mixer, the cross should be the heart of the box not the first thing to go.

Tech Wizard

Default Check my youtube playlist of my latest scratches !

Scratch oldschool rap hiphop turntablism sessions on Serato using DVS , portablist Numark scratch PT01, Akai AMX and Akai AFX

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...uz40aIvhIrCOOh

Please enjoy and comment

#scratch #serato #dvs #numark #pt01 #hiphop #turntablism #turntablist #dj #oldschool #rap #portablist

Default Vinyl turntable wuestion

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    Hi folks,

We will be using this area to discuss all thing to do with turntablism:

Post questions, resources,talk about gear , videos and techniques.

Stop back frequently for inspiring content and conversation, or to contribute!
    Hi there. So I am a new scratch DJ’er and I just prefer vinyl for scratching. So I had a numark PT-01 that I started on and I love it. I got an M2 mixer and hooked that up to the PT01 and it sounded great. But I just got my full size Numark TT USB and hooked it up to the mixer and it sounds good but it will not get near as loud as the PT01 does can anyone tell me why and how I can remedy this? Any equipment I can add to boost the volume? I think the PT01 had a pre amp in it maybe the TT USB diesnt? Any direction here would be much appreciated. Thank you so much

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345