XONE 92 / CDJ400 - Chinese Voltage and Grounding Issues?

Default XONE 92 / CDJ400 - Chinese Voltage and Grounding Issues?

Right now I'm visiting friends and family in the US before I go back to work in China. I just bought a Xone:92 and a bunch of other dj equipment to take back with me. It's a million times cheaper than buying it in or mailing it to China, where luxury taxes are high on imported electronics. I know the Xone:92 is made in China, but they all leave and have to be imported back in. So even though they make them, they'll never be able to afford them. Sad world of global economics.

Anyways, my first question is: Even thought it says the voltage is between 100-240V, is that actually the case? I have had many laptops listed as 100-240V capable implode/explode/melt/commit suicide on me in my many years in Asia. So do I need to use any kind of power adaptor or converter?

Second question: Not many building have grounded electricity in Asia, especially China. Laptops always buzz with a current that you can feel, metal parts will shock you. The Xone:92 manual says that the mixer must be grounded. I assume that means to a turntable, right? Or is there a chance of electrocuting myself to death when it's plugged into electrical sources that aren't grounded?

I have a pair of CDJ400s as well, so same questions for them if anybody knows.

Thanks,
    Sam

If the Xone and CDJ's are listed as 100-240V, you'll have no problems (consult your manuals please). You will however need a plug adaptor.

As DJ equipment is sensitive, I would still prefer to use voltage stabilizer (UPS can also work) with your gear (I assume they are cheap in china?). As you mentioned, there are often voltage surges and drops that can fry electronics such as laptops and DJ equipment.

As far as grounding goes, if the building doesn't have grounded electricity, you can connect a wire from the mixer's grounding posts to someting metal that can act as a grounding post (heating radiators usually).
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

"XONE:92 mixer implement an internal switch mode power supply; these are designed to operate within the AC supply range noted and to work across countries with different AC Supply.
    The only thing that might not be compatible is the IEC (mains) cable that connects to the AC supply socket.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
    Please be advised, however, that the XONE:92 notes on earthing is IMPORTANT INFORMATION, and does not only refer to making a ‘ground’ cable connection between a turntable and the mixer chassis.

– These models are designed for balanced signal and operation via AC mains and as such require a ground reference in order to operate correctly.
    A connection to ground/earth via the IEC cable connection to AC mains supply is required for stable operation and safety.

If the mixer and other hardware connected to it have NO connection to earth there may be risk of electric shock and damage to hardware.
    Please refer to Electrical Safety Notices included in the mixer packaging (may be included as loose paper sheets tucked in with the User Guide) for detail relevant to, or different for, particular territories."

I sense this grounding issue is going to be difficult to deal with. I don't know jack about electrical stuff. Guess I will have to teach myself.

In regards to your suggestion that I use voltage stabilizer. Do you mean something like these?

http://www.amazon.com/Rockstone-Powe...ywords=up+down

http://www.amazon.com/Goldsource-Hea...&keywords=1000