Promotion

Thread: Promotion

Default Promotion

how do you guys go about promoting your newly produced/released material... Been doing loads of marketing and promo and some extra information could be useful

ooops wrong thread.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

Quote Originally Posted by bc6 View Post
    ooops wrong thread.
    ??

Axel Dark Key

I use Bandcamp for my project.
    I also use Soundcloud.
    I share my newly completed projects on Facebook.
    I'm also working on a website for the project, but I don't know when it will ever be completed.

I will probably keep my project on the internet and not actually release it to record stores because there is too much hassle in CD production. Also, I don't want to get in any trouble for copryright violation for using the names of video game characters in my tracks.

Sending it to blogs and such to have them feature it.

Or you can sling shot it... By that I mean drop some blog a few bucks to have them post/repost your work. Nothing wrong with that route if you have something quality to share.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    Sending it to blogs and such to have them feature it.

Or you can sling shot it... By that I mean drop some blog a few bucks to have them post/repost your work. Nothing wrong with that route if you have something quality to share.
    or i can just buy my way in like all the famous people

Quote Originally Posted by calgarc View Post
    or i can just buy my way in like all the famous people
    Nothing wrong with spending a little cash for a legit blog feature

Think of it as a business at times

Occasionally you have to spend money to succeed. This isn't the same as purchasing a ghost producer to make you a track, it's simply a slingshot to get you into a new market.

edit/ Do I think this is 100% acceptable? No. But, you kinda have to adapt at this day and age or you'll be forgotten about really really fast.

At the moment, I just post my stuff on youtube. I have a channel with like, 25 subscribers. I'm practically famous!

Generally my videos get about 50-200 views over a few months. My 2 latest vids are doing amazing compared to usual (170 views in a week) and I believe this is because I've set up facebook, and Twitter pages to help promote myself. I've got 1,300 people total, who are "friends" or "followers" so this is great exposure.

Although, most of those people really don't care and just skip past my videos. I think the best place to post them is in forums like this one - because people here (more often) care/want to hear your stuff/give you advice.