Traktor Backwards Compatibility
    Tech Mentor

Default Traktor Backwards Compatibility

Hey guys,
    I am downgrading to Traktor 2.1.2 for stability reasons. But I cannot import my Traktor 2.6 .nml collection into it, as it cannot read it due to the key update.

The guy in the forum talks about how you can edit the .nml in notepad but does not divulge how one may go about this. “well you need to be good in note pad editing to edit your collection file unless you have a back-up collection file from version 2.5.1 or you re import your tunes” https://www.native-instruments.com/f...-2-5-1.197828/

Has anyone done this before and could you help me out?
    I have a gig in two weeks and would like one less thing to worry about.
    Thanks for reading.
    HP Pavilion G7 Core i5 - Denon DN-X1600 - Kontrol X1 - Traktor Pro 2.6

To be honest, when I downgraded, I did it the hard way, and readded/async'ed the tracks again from dot, Pain in the arse, but the nml thing, it seemed a bit of a risk, considering if you make a mess of it, you gonna have to do it the long way anyway.
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Tech Mentor

I would rather not do that as I have a large collection of music that contains set cues, loops and other data. It would not be a risk to the .nml file as long as you just have a backup copy of it in case you were to screw it up.

If anyone knows what I am on about can you please help?

Thanks for the reply DJAdeSands
    HP Pavilion G7 Core i5 - Denon DN-X1600 - Kontrol X1 - Traktor Pro 2.6

<MUSICAL_KEY VALUE="17"></MUSICAL_KEY>

But I doubt that's the only the only difference between the files.
    The Traktor .nml file is just an xml file - you can open it in any text editor.

Really you need a working 2.1.2 .nml file - import a few tracks to 2.1.2 then export the .nml & compare it with one from 2.6.
    Then you need to write a script to remove those differences, or do it yourself manually.
    SC | MC

Any collection before 2.6.1 you are SOL mate.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "