DJ profile dilemmas

Default DJ profile dilemmas

This is my first post ever in this community. Although, I have been following this for years during the time I was evolving as a DJ. Now that, I have reached a milestone, where I can call myself a DJ, I am facing a few dilemmas. I have a few questions, and I think you guys are the best who can help me!

My first question is: Does ethnicity play an important role while building a career in DJing?
    Why am I asking this?
    --I am from India, and I came to the states as a student in 2011. So, it's been like almost 5 years since I am here. I evolved as a DJ after coming to the states. However, I have been only doing Bollywood gigs (with some EDM/POP). I have done a few American gigs (Weddings) also. But people know me as a Bollywood DJ. Even though, I am surrounded with American friends, I mainly get Bollywood gigs. I keep wanna doing that because I am able to improve my skills by doing more and more gigs. Now the problem is that I am gaining popularity, which is a good thing, but my primary area of interest is EDM/Pop. I want to play in clubs (non- bollywood music) etc. Do you think by gaining popularity as a bollywood dj will hurt my chances of getting non-bollywood gigs? I have started producing too, and I would like to gain recognition as an EDM artist and not just as a Bollywood artist. But I won't mind if both can help me.

Should I create two separate profiles (DJ name, Facebook page, Soundlcloud etc) for two different genres? Or one should one be enough as it will only help me get popular quickly?

I am sorry if it sounds convoluted. But, I am hopeful that I will get some great advice!

goa trance was invented in india

also for profiles you want a different alias for different projects. for your commercial stuff just use your real name i guess... and then create an artist profile for your artist stuff.

if its all top 40 and commercial stuff, one name is fine for everything

It's good to expand your playlist to different genres of music. I don't think you would lose Bollywood gigs just because you want to play other stuff. Just make sure to inform that you still play Bollywood so you don't lose gigs. But I think an alias name for 2 different genres would confuse some and is not really important this early in your career. 1 name would be good for all. Hoped this helps.
    One feeds the pocket, the other feeds the soul "DJ Mpire"

I was doing shows with my friend the other year and he used his old name. everyone came to the show expecting hip-hop/top40... but he plays house. he ended up using a different name.

Tech Convert

I honestly believe having one unified Page with all of your stuff is best for building your brand. There's nothing wrong with having a wide range of music you can do. It's less confusing for marketing yourself. You want a one stop shop where your fans can come to hear your stuff. Spreading it out can be a headache to deal with.

I totally agree that promoting myself with one profile will be benefital for me at this stage. So, I am thinking of going with just one profile for now, which is just increasing my brand value no matter what music I am creating/playing. If a club promoter wants to hire me, he will look at my social media presence. I'll figure this in the future if start getting more recognition. Thanks for your help guys!