soundcloud bots.on my latest mix
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default soundcloud bots.on my latest mix

I woke up this morning with like an extra 35 likes on my new mix and 35 new followers. I clicked on all the profiles and they are new profiles and no tracks and a lot of them have similar avatars. These are 100% fake profiles. I average out about 500 plays and 20 likes per mix,this is after a few months. Now my stats are 80 plays 41 likes. I don't want people to think I'm buying stats or something.Just wondering why this would happen on my page ????

Tech Mentor

the phantom Soundcloud bot like is an interesting phenomena that occurs when bots are trying to create profiles that are legitimate.

essentially, there is a little bit of work that these bots have to do to seem like they are genuine profiles. As a result they have to display some normalcy of a user such as exploring music and finding artists with small followers and likes, so that their behavior does not come up as flagged. your like and plays are the result of someone else's payment for a like/play.

the same problem exists on Facebook, except the results are far more complex because of how content is distributed amongst your followers feed.
    Technics 1210 / Pioneer plx 1000 / Xone 42 / Adam a3x / UA apollo twin / Maschine mikro / Ableton live 9 / Maschine 2 / MBP Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015

I hate when some crappy record label makes bots to promote their crappy music. It's usually a hot chick in the avatar so all the honry dudes will follow them...ugh...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Quote Originally Posted by Raver Ste View Post
    I woke up this morning with like an extra 35 likes on my new mix and 35 new followers. I clicked on all the profiles and they are new profiles and no tracks and a lot of them have similar avatars. These are 100% fake profiles. I average out about 500 plays and 20 likes per mix,this is after a few months. Now my stats are 80 plays 41 likes. I don't want people to think I'm buying stats or something.Just wondering why this would happen on my page ????
    you can remove them as followers but their likes will stay on your mix.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

bots & inbox spam. welcome to the bigtime matey.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Hey at least you have followers even though they're bots lol.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

They tend to get deleted after some time, but I think you're also overreacting a bit as well. Just let it go.

Tech Mentor

Thanks for the replies I'm not overreacting just wondering as it's never happened to my soundcloud before.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    They tend to get deleted after some time, but I think you're also overreacting a bit as well. Just let it go.
    it sounds like they are all from a similar origin, as well. so when one gets deleted, expect all of them to get deleted.
    Technics 1210 / Pioneer plx 1000 / Xone 42 / Adam a3x / UA apollo twin / Maschine mikro / Ableton live 9 / Maschine 2 / MBP Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Killing time View Post
    it sounds like they are all from a similar origin, as well. so when one gets deleted, expect all of them to get deleted.
    They could be from a specific group if you add your songs to it as well

Also, nobody is going to think you're buying plays these are still minute numbers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast