[DIY] "Generic midi controller" *Build-log* - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Pff, two weeks until my PCB's arrive, probably need to do a second revision, this is going to take a lot longer than expected
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou View Post
    Pff, two weeks until my PCB's arrive, probably need to do a second revision, this is going to take a lot longer than expected
    Tell me about it. I'm still learning new stuff every day after 3 years of building controllers.
    Shantea Controls - Custom MIDI controllers: Official | Youtube | Instagram | Tindie
    DJ Mixes: Psychill, Psydub, Dub | House, Progressive, Techno | Dubstep

So received the faceplates today, of the three plates one had a minor mistake but practically unnoticeable all the other parts fit like a glove!

Got the buttons from focus attack and the final price was.... 55.25(buttons)+27(shipping)+32(import charges) so about $7 a piece..

Pic of internals:

vid of rgb test:

You've played a blinder there mate. That is going to be one beautiful controller.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    You've played a blinder there mate. That is going to be one beautiful controller.
    Thanks!! I must say in someway it's much easier than anticipated but also a lot of more work.

Here is another pic of my first try bending plexiglass, i used some scrap material I had lying around so it's quite dirty and turned out horrible but the bending (while keeping it precise) was much easier than i thought!

The controller was balancing on a couple of 3d printed stands and the reflective shielding was not installed (prevents light from buttons to reach others) but here is the first test:
    Last edited by DJDoubleYou; 09-29-2015 at 04:06 PM.

Have got the last PCB perfectly working right now and am really happy that i chose the TLC chip, though I'm running into some serious space-wise issues right now. The last PCB is larger and closer to the board than anticipated, I've already solved this issue at the side of the arcade buttons but am still struggling to fit in the middle 4*4 grid...

Here are some more pic's of the button process, this was such a pain in the *ss and I'm still not done. I used too much superglue on the first two buttons so I have to order new ones from china which is going to take another 4 weeks probably . The coding is almost entirely done though including Remix deck mode, support for traktor's hot-cue colours and the ability to display the colour of a clip in Ableton.

EDIT: The actual buttons are not this tall, there ate two more 2mm layers on top of this one so the actual height is about 2-3mm. & the lights are definitely not on here

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast