[DIY] "Generic midi controller" *Build-log* - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Well the last miles are the hardest, only need to design two more PCB's, 3d print one button and order + bend the acrylic for the sides (it is going to be slightly translucent red).
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou View Post
    Well the last miles are the hardest, only need to design two more PCB's, 3d print one button and order + bend the acrylic for the sides (it is going to be slightly translucent red).
    Did you ever finish this project?

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Did you ever finish this project?
    Hahaha nooooo I did not, I still want to but in hindsight I wish I'd been less ambitious. The compact form factor was super time-consuming and hard to work with but custom building the those FX button caps was really tremendously stupid, most realistic way right now would be 3d printing a "mold" and pouring them from silicone. A ton of work.

I lost all code, PCB, laser-cut and 3d files.

The only thing that happened after that post is I ended up 3d printing the "enclosure" (the sides).

Edit: I've recovered some of the files, it's not much but I'll be keeping them here
    Last edited by DJDoubleYou; 05-06-2020 at 11:39 AM.

Tech Convert

I reall liked your pc boards you had made. Where did you get them cut from and did you use eagle?

Quote Originally Posted by BigCcat View Post
    I reall liked your pc boards you had made. Where did you get them cut from and did you use eagle?
    I did use Eagle, since it's owned by Autodesk right now I probably wouldn't choose it again but I still use it and it works well. I used Dirty PCB's. It was definitely the best choice at the time but now PCBWay and JLCPCB might be a better pick now(but Dirty PCB's is still great).

Tech Student

Great build! Well done Sir!

I've also struggled finding decent buttons and led pipes / light guides for my builds. Am planning on trying to create silicone pads from silicone rubber (https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01M0ZD6OD/) and conductive rubber pads (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32900992831.html). Maybe those would feel nice and work well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234