AudioVisual DnB VJ Set - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

i been look at jam midian and it seems like it does that it seems a little more simple than what i was looking at was isadora and that was to complicated to set up.

i really want to get into vj'n so i download jam is it avalible for windows.

also cell from liquidinstruments its only 100 dollars and rewire and midi

Quote Originally Posted by midian View Post
    Thats pretty sweet man. I'd love to get into VJ stuff like that but I just dont have the time to source all the video etc...

mad props

Thanks! - Content creation/sampling is a big part of it, it does take up alot of time

Quote Originally Posted by djxsquizet View Post
    that was pretty freaking sweet like i want to start vj but the software i saw for ableton is to complicated to work out i got to do all this "midi wiring" and bull crap.

The software you're talking about, is it 'JAM' for ableton?

JAM (Just Add Music) - http://www.youcanbespecialtoo.com/

Quote Originally Posted by aiden View Post
    pretty cool. definately a marketable niche there. how much of that is u, and how much is controlled by an equalizer or whatever?

what's the full name of that beastie boys remix and where can i find it? ;p
    The whole set I was controlling the visuals, dropping in and out, changing colors, adding effects, taking out effect, etc. This particular set, I had pre-arranged the audio mix before hand. Although I'm able to mix audio and video at the same time... I just rendered the audio out, so I could really 'play' with the visuals.

Quote Originally Posted by midian View Post
    What I really want to do is link my ableton up to tracks so that I when I drop a track in ableton it automatically plays video linked to it. and effects/eq/beatmasher do whack stuff to the vid also....

now that would be dope.

From what I've seen on the site, (I havent used this app before) the 'Just Add Music' JAM application does what you're looking for.

JAM (Just Add Music) - http://www.youcanbespecialtoo.com/

Quote Originally Posted by aiden View Post

what's the full name of that beastie boys remix and where can i find it? ;p
    I duno if you could call it an official remix? I just layered 2 tracks over each other....

15) Utah Jazz - The Message
    16) Beastie Boys - So Whatcha Want? (RMX)

Tech Mentor

LOVE that first track! Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by miyuru View Post
    LOVE that first track! Wow.

yeah, MUTT makes dope tracks.

Tech Convert

im gettting the vci-100 so i can scratch video. im pretty excited, i wish traktor had a video plugin, i think i am going to use virtual dj for video scratching. i have modul8 for vjing but i want to vj just like the dvdj or like a dj. i will have to see how the vci-100 works with video.

its all about building content. thats the hard part. i suppose i can download some video from the net but i pretty much like to make my own shit, beats included.

Quote Originally Posted by dust View Post
    im gettting the vci-100 so i can scratch video. im pretty excited, i wish traktor had a video plugin, i think i am going to use virtual dj for video scratching. i have modul8 for vjing but i want to vj just like the dvdj or like a dj. i will have to see how the vci-100 works with video.
    i wish the vci had more buttons and knobs so I could midi map it to other effects in the vj app.

anyone know if there is going to be a traktor video plugin in the near future?

Tech Convert

i asked my buddy that works at native instruments to leak some info on a video plug in and he said nothing is in the works for the near future. we are stuck with serato, and virtual dj for time coded video jockey stuff i guess. there is always arkaos and modul8 or jitter that can be used as traditional vj effects. i like the ms pinky solution as well. im a big fan of cycling 74

You have a buddy that works at NI?

Can you please forward this onto him and see what he says? http://native-instruments.com/forum/...d.php?p=428533

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky_Laws View Post
    i wish the vci had more buttons and knobs so I could midi map it to other effects in the vj app.

anyone know if there is going to be a traktor video plugin in the near future?
    the VCI has more than enough buttons if you start using shift functions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast