clicking on wave stripe causes wave pattern to disappear

Default clicking on wave stripe causes wave pattern to disappear

So since I've upgraded to 1.2.2, I've noticed that sometimes if I'm jumping through different parts of the track, the wave display on both the bottom and the top of of the transport section just disappear and the song stops playing.

This has happened twice in the last half hour. When I reload the same track into the same channel, it starts playing again, but that's the only way.

After the wave pattern disappears, and I use the mouse to skip to another section of the song, It'll show a wave pattern to the left of the red line (the one that indicates the position in the track), but after it starts playing, everything that passes the red line is blank.

I am not sure what may cause this, from on top of my head the first idea I have is to check on the preference what is the Cache size that you have set for each deck. Make sure it is not too small, I think 128Mb is reasonable in case you might use Wav files instead of Mp3s.

same thing has been happening to me with a particular song bought from itunes but not really anything else...odd

Quote Originally Posted by alien2k View Post
    I am not sure what may cause this, from on top of my head the first idea I have is to check on the preference what is the Cache size that you have set for each deck. Make sure it is not too small, I think 128Mb is reasonable in case you might use Wav files instead of Mp3s.
    Where is that option?

I've looked throughout the entire preferences menu and couldn't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by andy311 View Post
    same thing has been happening to me with a particular song bought from itunes but not really anything else...odd
    That could be the issue...A lot of my tracks have been purchased from iTunes.

I wonder if that's a flaw. Are you also using vers. 1.2.2?

yeah im using 1.2.2 and it's just this one song. if you look at post number 5 in the link this appears to be related to our problem as well...note the first song played possibly causing the problem. this problem has only been affecting that one song from itunes no other and it is in fact the first one i played

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...ad.php?t=97409

Quote Originally Posted by tokenasianguy View Post
    Where is that option?

I've looked throughout the entire preferences menu and couldn't find it.
    Its on Preference --> Loading --> Deck Cache size

Quote Originally Posted by alien2k View Post
    Its on Preference --> Loading --> Deck Cache size
    It's not in there...I'm not even joking about that. I'm on version 1.2.2

I know I've seen that option on previous versions, but I can't find it anywhere in this version.

Tech Convert

There is no more deck cache size option since 1.2.2.

E.
    Denon DN-X1600, 2 Native Instruments Kontrol X1, 2 Pioneer SDJ-80X.

http://soundcloud.com/owra