RekordBox Dj Software! - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Just peered over at Rekordbox.com and it looks like they took every recommendation on the Traktor Forums and put them into DJ software. Cant wait to get my hands on it in October!
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Notice how a few products are missing?
    DJM-S9 for example.
    What about the two older controllers, DDJ-T1 and S1?
    And surprisingly the DDJ-SR which is essentially a 2ch SX

Maybe updates soon

Edit*

DJTT Homepage says the SB/WeGo 3 and SR are supported.

I can kinda understand the other discontinued (t1/s1/WeGo mk1&2) products not being supported.
    Last edited by deevey; 09-10-2015 at 01:47 PM.

Tech Guru

Is it made by mixvibes too?
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
    Is it made by mixvibes too?
    Mixvibes has not been involved with Rekordbox since Version 3 over a year ago.

yeh Mark at DJworx said for sure Mixvibes are not involved in this latest version at all when I asked (I mentioned it just as there was a fair few things Cross has like the track suggestion optional sidebar and full-screen width parallel waveforms).

I'll be honest as a Cross user, there looks to be some great ideas on Rekordbox 4 and I'm quite tempted for my CDJ 2000s - such as the option to have a track browser open up on another window or device such as a tablet. And having all your track management in one place (and one place only) and being able to use software or export to USB is very attractive. And having the DJM/RMX effects such as spiral or vinyl break is great - being able to dj a small gig with a controller and then full club/festival gigs with the similar FX on a DJM/RMX looks like you can translate techniques and mix approaches.

But to be honest, many of the proposed features not available yet (and likely to be paid extras) such as DVS and Video, Cross already does (and does brilliantly) and no need for paid updates/license. And Cross still manages to export to Rekordbox (though I find it works better with the older 2.2+ version of Rekordbox - haven't really been using 3.0 RB. You still need to get Rekordbox to scan the exports, but it does seem to pick up the various cue and hotcue points ok for most tracks)

Also, I find it really disappointing the new RB software doesn't work with my XDJ-Aero (or the R1 or new RX) which seeing as they're Rekordbox devices seems bizarre ? I'm hoping they'll be available at some point, but considering all three of those are pretty premium devices not to have the new functions while much cheaper controllers do get access to this seems pretty disappointing.

So I'll give 4.0 a go, but I think I'll be staying with Cross as it works on all my devices/DJM 900 and got DVS/Video already
    Last edited by Jane; 09-11-2015 at 07:58 AM.
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000
    facebook.com/djanedalton / and my DJ alter-ego, The Imperatrixx

Tech Mentor

I could see this being a major contender in the DVS world. with so many people already using or having access to Pioneer equipment in clubs, I can forsee that the integration between this software and pioneer equipment will only strengthen, and the integration with serato & traktor not being a focus going forward

Quote Originally Posted by Jane View Post
    I'll be honest as a Cross user, there looks to be some great ideas on Rekordbox 4 and I'm quite tempted for my CDJ 2000s - such as the option to have a track browser open up on another window or device such as a tablet. And having all your track management in one place (and one place only) and being able to use software or export to USB is very attractive. And having the DJM/RMX effects such as spiral or vinyl break is great - being able to dj a small gig with a controller and then full club/festival gigs with the similar FX on a DJM/RMX looks like you can translate techniques and mix approaches.
    I'm personally more interested in how "basic" stuff (that lacks on Traktor) will be executed: elastic beatgrids, good sounding pitchlock/mastertempo,...

Also, interested in what way will CDJ's interact with rekordboxdj when connected via usb cable - will they serve as a 1.) controller for software, 2.) will it be a hybrid setup where rekordbox uses CDJ hardware to perform certain functions or 3.) CDJ works standalone and simply views laptop as storage place for files and sends playback data for rekordbox to display
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Mixvibes has not been involved with Rekordbox since Version 3 over a year ago.
    good to know, thanks
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Convert

I honestly can't wait to try it out

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Ok, now that Rekordbox DJ is launched, lets discuss here.

From the website:

Notice how a few products are missing?
    DJM-S9 for example. What about the two older controllers, DDJ-T1 and S1? It would make sense to include them as a way to attract users to a new software.

Doesn't mention a specific mixer. Does that mean ALL mixers with internal sound interfaces are supported? Basically the way TraktorPro functions in HID mode with mixers and supported CDJ's
    Also CDJ 850/350 will be supported as well based on the video and the Rekordbox website

I've been using Traktor with my CDJ 850s but it's a serious buzzkill that they never added HID support for it. Obviously it's a little hard to just switch them for 900s without spending some serious $$ but if Rekordbox DJ is midi mappable and supports non-pioneer gear I will definitely be taking a serious look at it because of CDJ 850 HID support.
    Last edited by bmo; 09-14-2015 at 09:01 AM.
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast