RekordBox Dj Software! - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

"Sounds way cleaner, has more headroom, and the sound feels warmer."
    Sorry but this statement is just BS. A DJ software in the end is just a mp3 / audio file player. There is no such thing as 'headroom' for a software. Same for: 'the sound feels warmer' if you play the same song unaltered on different softwares there is no difference in sound quality. I tried RBDJ, I liked a lot. I agree though that it is a very comfortable and nicely designed piece of software and creates some kind of a nice 'flow' while playing.

maybe it has to do with how the software communicates with my SX2 via the soundcard? Either way, your statement is flawed. You do know there are multiple encoder types for both mp3 and .wav audio right? And yes, there is a difference in headroom in software. Otherwise there would be no reason to utilize autogain in any dhj software while using an external mixer right?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    maybe it has to do with how the software communicates with my SX2 via the soundcard? Either way, your statement is flawed. You do know there are multiple encoder types for both mp3 and .wav audio right?
    I assume you meant to type "multiple decoder types"
    http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php...st_MP3_Decoder
    "Since what the MP3 standard really defines is a decoder, there should be no such thing as a better or a worse MP3 decoder....Quality differences among them are insignificant."
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Than you need to explain to me why the rekordbox app on my phone plays audio fine with no distortion, but the stock audio app clips when turned all the way up?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Than you need to explain to me ....
    First of all, that tone of communication makes you appear like a immature person. Consider not using it in the future.
    To answer your question: not sure to be honest, but I would suspect that the part of the stock audio app that's amplifying the decoded information is to blame. Not the decoder code itself.

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    First of all, that tone of communication makes you appear like a immature person. Consider not using it in the future.
    To answer your question: not sure to be honest, but I would suspect that the part of the stock audio app that's amplifying the decoded information is to blame. Not the decoder code itself.
    So if the part of the software that is amplifying the decoded information is better in rekrodbox than traktor, it could sound better?

So if the part of the software that is amplifying the decoded information is better in rekrodbox than traktor, it could sound better?
    Probably only if you're a bat.
    Are you?

Probably only if you're a bat.
    Are you?
    Only during the daytime while I sleep. It makes it easier to hide in plaes without sunlight. Being a vampire in the desert is hard sauce. I have to wear a big hat at night due to the UV rays from the sun reflecting off of the moon. Science.

Only during the daytime while I sleep. It makes it easier to hide in plaes without sunlight. Being a vampire in the desert is hard sauce. I have to wear a big hat at night due to the UV rays from the sun reflecting off of the moon. Science.
    Makes more sense than your initial claim. Confirmational bias. Read about it.

Makes more sense than your initial claim. Confirmational bias. Read about it.
    Confirmatory* Bias. This is the basis of most modern marketing strategies. It's like a placebo effect for products. Build it up with hype, build confidence through brand, and claim to do things that haven't been done before. Psychology is an amazing subject and one of my favorites. My focus was in Sales Methodology and personality profiling. What is your background in psychology?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789