single turntable workflow, your thoughts? (traktor)

Default single turntable workflow, your thoughts? (traktor)

I've been thinking about what is the best route to go when it comes to a single turntable workflow when I'm short on space at a gig. your thoughts? I was thinking of having the vinyl control both decks and just switch internal and external mode depending on which I want control over. At the same time I'm sure I could do some sort of mapping with my Traktor z2 mixer, what do you guys think?

I'm already comfortable and familiar just instantly doubling the current track over to the opposite deck, but I find that I am having to juggle the EQ way too much after the doubled up, had rather just mix as I normally would when it comes to the Eq and decks separately
    Last edited by jam1chicago; 08-03-2015 at 10:34 PM.

You're already over-thinking this, mate.

You've answered your question - either use instant doubles (that's the way I do it) or map the one turntable to both decks and set up a toggle switch (when you toggle vinyl/internal, the deck automagically switches to internal and keeps playing anyway).
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Convert

totally. i did this before when a client insisted that they see a turntable even though i didn't need one to play :P

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    You're already over-thinking this, mate.

You've answered your question - either use instant doubles (that's the way I do it) or map the one turntable to both decks and set up a toggle switch (when you toggle vinyl/internal, the deck automagically switches to internal and keeps playing anyway).
    Is this possible to do with a vinyl deck? I've been using the Deck Duplicate action in Traktor, however I've been looking for a solution for the timecode to control either deck A or B {toggle}. Would be useful for backspins on certain decks, etc.

VERY possible. Very easy, mate.

You just have ONE vinyl control deck, use that for loading, and starting tracks, and duplicate to the other deck to let it play out, freeing up your vinyl deck for the next track.

But like I said - it's not hard to have a toggle button to choose WHICH deck you want to have controlled by the vinyl.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj