s4 mk1 value

Thread: s4 mk1 value

Tech Convert

Default s4 mk1 value

anyone have an idea of what one of these is worth? working perfectly, looks clean, no power adapter.

i've checked ebay and craigslist and prices seem to be all over the place, so figured I'd ask here, and get an informed response
    Last edited by peyote; 08-05-2015 at 11:08 AM.

Tech Guru
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Tech Convert

ya, not the first time i've used the internet, I just figured people here would have a better idea than the wildwest that is ebay.

Depending on condition between $150 to $250 for an MK1. Pawn shops here let em go for around 125-175 depending on condition.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Ha, Random Question was 'What does a DJ play?', ambiguous for sure.

Really hard to put an accurate value on the things. I think I was like a lot of folks recently when NI announced the ever predictable price drop on the stem compatible hardware, which I think both somewhat devalued the whole lineage and flooded the marked with S4 owners looking to dump and upgrade.

In the end I worked out a deal with a guy where I traded my S4 plus $500 for his S8, and neither of us had to go through that de-registering of Traktor. I think selling straight, with both the hardware and Traktor de-authorized from NI, probably $250 or on the higher end $300 if you can get it. I know it's painful given they were $899 when first released but that's life sometimes in this field, sometimes you buy a tb-303 and score, sometimes you buy an S4 and lose money. All comes down to how much use you got in its time.

I will say this, the S8 is light years ahead. Stems are amazing to me and even the pad section for storing loop points, cue points and the freeze function is utterly amazing.