So i just bought a pair of AKG Y-55, good one?

Default So i just bought a pair of AKG Y-55, good one?

Hey guys, so i lost my pair of AKG K619 and bought a pair of AKG Y-55. Was it a good call?

You've used both - you tell us!!!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    You've used both - you tell us!!!
    Was more thinking of if I could get a better pair of headphones for the same money. When i made the thread they were still in the box in case of a bad choice. I noticed the bass ain't ass punchy on the Y-55 but it does deliver a clear sound which is great and even a little better than the K619. Much of an impulsive buy since I got the Y-55 cheaper then they are supposed to sell for.

I've not used them; but they have reviewed pretty well, suggesting you have a decent pair of headphones.

I would not sweat there being better headphones for a similar price. If you plan to DJ regularly, then one thing you will find is that you are in all likelihood to be buying headphones fairly regularly.

I stopped spending more than $100 on headphones many years ago, as most headphones can not take the punishment of regularly use in a DJ booth...or more specifically , the packing / unpacking & travelling to and from gigs! They never last that long, no matter how careful you try to be.
    Technics 1200 x2 | Pioneer XDJ-1000 x2 | Pioneer DJM-900SRT | Mukatsuku Record Weights x2 | Serato DJ | Rekordbox | Pioneer EFX-500 | Ableton Live 9 | Push | Roland TR-8 | Roland TB-3 | Roland System-1 | Korg MS-10 | Akai MPC-2500 | Mackie Onyx 1620i | Apogee Duet | MOTU Micro Lite | Tapco S-8 Monitors
    www.slidingdownthebanister.com www.facebook.com/SlidingDownTheBanister