Mac OS X Yosemite
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mac OS X Yosemite

Hi Tech Toolers,
    Hope you can help. Its looking like I'll have to update to OS X Yosemite before I can upgrade to Traktor Pro 2.9.0. I'm obviously reluctant because of the well documented problems. Has anyone else been in this situation, did it work out? Has the problem been over hyped? I Would appreciate any advice before I take the plunge. Are there any Yosemite optimisations that will keep things running smoothly, or should I keep well away until Apple bring out a decent OS upgrade. Current set up: Mac Book Pro, Traktor S8 on T.P. 2.6.6.
    Cheers.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Subscribed to your thread

We in a same boat hear mate.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

What kind of issues do you mention? It runs flawlessly on my ageing 2008 Macbook Pro
    Last edited by padi_04; 08-06-2015 at 02:59 PM.

Schalenberg

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    It ruined flawlessly on my ageing 2008 Macbook Pro
    That's what he's afraid of.

autocorrect doing it's magic

It runs just fine and so does the 10.11 Beta

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    autocorrect doing it's magic

It runs just fine and so does the 10.11 Beta
    Nice to know I'll get another year out of my 2009 MBP

What kind of issues do you mention?
    Please expand on this - I've never had any issues either, are the issues Traktor Specific ?

Tech Wizard

15inch 2010 Macbook Pro i5 w/ 8gb of RAM. Running Yosemite (Initial release build) with Traktor 2.9. No problems with the 15-20 minutes I spent playing around with the stems.

Thanks for the replies.
    Padi 4, the issues I've heard about are hardware compitability related to Avid Drivers, general stability issues, and slow processing speeds. Ive also heard of compatibility problems with Music Production software. Ive read plant of peoples comments that they wish they'd never upgrade and people looking to back grade to Mavericks.
    Thats why Im trying to get opinions directly related to Traktor. Im running a 2013 MBP. I'll also be looking to add machine to my set up as well.

Traktor (even tho according to NI my computer is below min specs), SeratoDJ, Ableton, Bigwig, Logic and Maschine run just fine on my Mac.

Check the date of those comments, they might be from early adopters who had to wait until the manufacturers issues updated drivers for their hardware and keep in mind that it tends to be a vocal minority that complains in forums about conflicts, most people who don't suffer them are busy using their tools to comment on these threads.

While I haven't used Pro Tools or Avid hardware in a while you can check Avid's official 10.10 compatibility notes on this link. If you are running older hardware or software make sure that the manufacturer has indeed taken care of any problems that might have arisen since the release of this OS. Unless your kit has been discontinued I'd say it's pretty irresponsible for them if they haven't patched all issues by now.

Thanks Padi 4. You could be right about the vocal minority, they can sometimes skew opinion. I guess Im just being cautious based on what Ive read. Id considered upgrading to Mavericks as a compromise but its been withdrawn. If Im going to utilise the S8 functionality Im going to have to go for it.
    thanks again, Ill keep you posted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast