ddj-s1 and serato (audio trough laptop) [QUESTION]
    Tech Student

Default ddj-s1 and serato (audio trough laptop) [QUESTION]

Hello everyone,

I have a complicated question. I have a sound system that I use on my tv and right now I don't have any speakers. So, what I was thinking, since its not possible to connect sound system to ddj-s1, I can connect sound system to my laptop trough hdmi and then connect ddj-s1 to my laptop as usual.

Now, how do I make it play sound from my laptop so that I would hear master sound on my sound system? is that possible?

Thank you.

Tech Convert

I have the DDJ-SR which is pretty similar and I'm very sure this isn't going to be possible.

The only ways to get audio out of the unit are through either the RCA, 1/4 inch output or headphone socket.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by joshporter View Post
    Hello everyone,

I have a complicated question. I have a sound system that I use on my tv and right now I don't have any speakers. So, what I was thinking, since its not possible to connect sound system to ddj-s1, I can connect sound system to my laptop trough hdmi and then connect ddj-s1 to my laptop as usual.

Now, how do I make it play sound from my laptop so that I would hear master sound on my sound system? is that possible?

Thank you.
    Interesting question Mr joshporter. I don't have Serato or a DDJ-S1 so I can't recreate your scenario but I do have loads of Tractor gear to test with.

It worked! connected my laptop to TV via HDMI, selected HDMI as the output in the Traktor settings and hey presto the master out came blaring out my TV.

Not sure if / how this would work for you, but if Traktor can do it theres a good possibility serato will also be able to. The HDMI output in the settings was only available after I plugged the lead in. Have a good look around in the output settings for something similar.

Hope this helps and good luck