which is the composition of the beat? i mean kicks + drums + bass, or how?

Default which is the composition of the beat? i mean kicks + drums + bass, or how?

i mean kicks + drums + bass, or how?

im conffuse, i dont know if claps and drums its the same or if claps and kicks are the same

help!

Kicks ARE drums. They are called Kick Drums because they are the big bass drum that the drummer uses his feet to play.

I think you might be getting bass sounds (ie, bass lines, as played by a bass guitarist) and bass drums confused...

Bass sounds (think the intro to Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes), make a kind of dummmmm-dummmm sound.

Bass Drums (Kicks) make a DUFF-DUFF-DUFF-DUFF sound (think the intro to most house tracks).

So, a typical drum pattern mught consist of:

Kick Drums (Kicks)
    Snare Drums
    Hi-Hats (closed and open hi-hats)
    Hand Claps

Hand Claps and snare drums are usually interchangeable.

There are also LOADS of additional percussion sounds that go along with your Kick/Snare/Hat combos.

But to be honest, mate, all this is REALLY easy to learn using Google.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Default thank u ! but i have another question

In an introduction to house music, for example :

rhythm : 1-2-3-4

kick-kick-kick-kick

then I'll add a snare:

kick- snare - kick- snare

then what I have to add for making a complex beat ? Thank you!

Patch is perfectly correct in everything he states.

The one point I would add is that in music theory - which in this case applies to both DJing & music production - the beat is part of the 'time signature' of a song.

Almost all modern dance music has a kick drum sound on every 'beat'. So each DUFF-DUFF-DUFF-DUFF sound Patch talks about is a 'beat'.

Four beats then makes a 'bar'. In music theory this is known as a 4/4 time signature - and accounts for 99% of modern music you will listen to.

Spend 10 minutes watching this video; it explains beats / bars / phrases nice and simply.

Technics 1200 x2 | Pioneer XDJ-1000 x2 | Pioneer DJM-900SRT | Mukatsuku Record Weights x2 | Serato DJ | Rekordbox | Pioneer EFX-500 | Ableton Live 9 | Push | Roland TR-8 | Roland TB-3 | Roland System-1 | Korg MS-10 | Akai MPC-2500 | Mackie Onyx 1620i | Apogee Duet | MOTU Micro Lite | Tapco S-8 Monitors
    www.slidingdownthebanister.com www.facebook.com/SlidingDownTheBanister