Best Ways To Advertise - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Do weddings, corporate gigs, and private events. At these events, be ready to socialize and hand out business cards. Cater to every customer personally and let them get to know you before the gig. Be open to feedback and suggestions. Let them be part of the process and experience. Always thank everyone you speak to for their time. This will help you grow your referral orchard.
    Get a simple website going that describes why you do what you do, how you do it, and what you do.... in that order.

Hope that helps.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Do people REALLY hire DJ's for small/house parties?

Everyone's got at least 1 DJ friend, so free DJ's for parties are abundant.

The truth is, if you're gonna run a successful DJ business, weddings are gonna make up a very large part of your income - and weddings are a revenue stream that you can't afford to ignore.

If you're really serious about running a DJ business, head over to the VDJ forum. There are a lot of very successful DJ business owners over there that are willing to help.

Don't be a snob. Register there now.
    Yes, yes they do, in fact most of my DJ money I made this way. People paying $100 an hour for a 9-year olds birthday party eventually quit accepting these jobs as i felt a little bit too guilty for charging these ridiculous amounts.
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou View Post
    Yes, yes they do, in fact most of my DJ money I made this way. People paying $100 an hour for a 9-year olds birthday party eventually quit accepting these jobs as i felt a little bit too guilty for charging these ridiculous amounts.
    The money to be made from doing kids parties in the UK is pretty good - if you do it right and it's themed.
    Personally I will never do them cus I can't stand kids in groups larger than just my niece on her own.

I just had an enquiry to DJ at a birthday party. The person was at a wedding I did a few weeks back and now wants to book me for her party - I'm already booked so I can't do it which is a shame as they were an great bunch at the wedding - non stop dancing for 5 hours.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12